Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - NEWBIES 1st POST 72 chevelle spindles MII
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 09:02 PM

Last journal entry: Frame pics
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

NEWBIES 1st POST 72 chevelle spindles MII

Hello everyone this is my first post on the board I'm building a 42 chev coupe mII front suspension 10 bolt rear I've got a 5.3 out of a 02 silverado for a motor plan on running the edelbrock intake / carb with msd box to fire
the coils, 700r4 trans the body is rough and will need extensive sheetmetal replacement however right now
I'm focusing on the chassis I was able to pick up a new frame at a swap meet with the mustang ii crossmember tacked in I plan on leaving it tacked in and mocking up and making sure axle centerline is correct I'm on a low budget saying that I should'nt be building a hot rod right
anyways enough on the intro

My question is in my research I've been doing I see everyone has been using chevelle calipers and rotors for the 11 inch brake kits and a light bulb came on a guy at work was trying to get rid of a set of 2inch drop spindles
with new rotors calipers and pads off a 72 chevelle I picked up the whole
setup for $50 the spindles are front steer and a one piece
design caliper brkt is part of the spindle now will these spindles work with my mii setup I have a set of mII
stock control arms and the top ball joint stud is too big and the lower ball joint stud is too small can I use these spindles and use different ball joints thanks in advance