Newby to the website but not to Hotrods - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2005, 08:45 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Newby to the website but not to Hotrods

I am excited to see nice websites for real Hotrodders, I look forward to meeting and chatting with fellow adrenaline junkies like myself, I have been around race cars and hotrods all my life thanks to my dad, he was into dirt cars and street cars. I have been in the sheetmetal fabricating business for about 27 years and was always doing my own fabricating on my personal rides and I am currently building a custom 66' Chevy stepside with my oldest son that is ate with old school hotrods (flat black and pinstriping) and this is going to be his truck he worked three jobs when he was in high school to help pay for his toy. It is going to be a very nice ride matter of fact we are on the second stage right now but we took the truck out to Texas Raceway a little 1/8 mile track in our town of Kennedale, Texas and it was my son's first experience on a drag strip but we wanted to know what the truck would do before we went to phase 2 of the build in case we needed to do some different modifications other than our original plans, but when we got to the track we found out they were having a domestic street wars shootout and my son did not want to run the truck but since he was already there I told him to enter the shoot out and run the truck down the track, all I needed to see was a time slip so he entered the truck in the shootout and ended up winning the 2004 street legal shoot out even though the truck would spin the tires almost all the way down the track but we also got some real good information on what was needed to set the truck up for some more horse power because the truck was actually de-tuned so my son could get use to it so we will fabricate some more goodies and unleash some more power. I also am trying to start my own fabricating business going so look for Fabman and Son's Custom Fab Shop soon and we will help anybody in the hobby as much as we can so let me know if I can do anything to help your project because the parts we could not find for our project we fabricated, I have pic's of everything we have fabricated just e-mail me dropped66@yahoo.com and I will be glad to send you pics. We are working on a website right now called www.fabman43.com it is still under construction rifgt now but it has a home page with contact info and some info about some of the things we have to offer. Looking forward to meeting everybody Thanks for the great website, Daymon Burke
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	beginning of project.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	5922   Click image for larger version

Name:	detailed 380h.p. engine.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	5923   Click image for larger version

Name:	interior 90%.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	5924  

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2005, 03:10 PM
Home Built Rods No Rules

Last journal entry: Home Made Sheetmetal bender plans
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Welcome look, like a real nice and fun ride,hope you enjoy your stay here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.