|05-15-2009 07:27 PM|
I guess i will point out that he has a 4L60e trans and says it is stuck in 2nd gear.. the default gear on a 4L60e is 3rd gear as pointed out in the TSB that was posted too.
Default on the 4L80e trans is 2nd gear.
Perhaps the vehicle owner does not know what gear the trans is stuck in? Lets hope he finds the problem easily
|05-15-2009 08:01 AM|
|dlevi2121||Man thanks a million I am headding out right now to try all that stuff right now once again thanks a million and I will let you know what happins.|
|05-14-2009 11:02 PM|
This might help:
Subject: Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) On, Transmission Stuck in Second or Third Gear, Instrument Cluster Inoperative (Verify and Repair Source of Voltage Loss In Transmission Solenoid Power Supply Circuit )
Models: 2006 and Prior GM Passenger Cars and Light Duty Trucks
2005-2006 HUMMER H2
2006 HUMMER H3
2005-2006 Saab 9-7X
with 4L60-E, 4L65-E, 4L80-E or 4L85-E Automatic Transmission (RPOs M30, M32, M33, MT1, MN8)
This bulletin is being revised to update model years, add additional models and add additional diagnostic information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 01-07-30-002D (Section 07 -- Transmission/Transaxle).
Some customers may comment on one or more of the following conditions:
• The Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) is ON.
• The transmission is defaulted to second gear (4L80/85-E).
• The transmission is defaulted to third gear (4L60/65-E).
• The instrument cluster is inoperative.
Upon investigation, one or all of the diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) P0740, P0753, P0758, P0785, P0787, P0973, P0976, P1860, P2761, P2764 and P2769 may be set depending on the vehicle.
The most likely cause of this condition may be a loss of voltage to the transmission solenoid power supply circuit.
This condition may also be the result of an incorrect installation of an aftermarket electronic device such as a remote starter or alarm system
Important: If the vehicle is equipped with an aftermarket electronic device and the DTCs are being set when the device is being used, verify that the appropriate fuse is being supplied battery voltage during operation. If voltage is not present at this fuse, these DTCs will be set due to lack of voltage at the solenoids. This condition is most likely to occur with an incorrectly installed remote starting system. If this is the case, refer the customer to the installer of the system for corrections. ANY REPAIRS DUE TO AFTERMARKET INSTALLATION OF ACCESSORIES IS A NON-WARRANTABLE ITEM.
1. With the ignition switch in the RUN position, test for battery voltage at the circuit fuse in the transmission solenoid power supply circuit. Refer to the appropriate SI Document for the transmission solenoid power supply circuit information.
2. If battery voltage is present at the fuse, inspect the ignition voltage circuit between the fuse and the transmission for possible opens.
3. If battery voltage is not present at the fuse, test for continuity between the fuse and the ignition switch. If NO continuity is between the fuse and the ignition switch, repair the open in that circuit.
4. If you have continuity between the fuse and the ignition switch, the most likely cause is the ignition switch. Replace the ignition switch using the appropriate Ignition Switch Replacement procedure in SI. Refer to group number 2.188 of the parts catalog for part description and usage of the ignition switch.
|05-14-2009 10:07 PM|
Did you clear the codes?
How many miles on the trans?
stuck in 2nd gear can be more than solenoids.
Any fuses blown ?
Speed-O working properly?
|05-14-2009 09:38 PM|
1998 4L60E stuck in second gear
I have a 1998 s-10 Blazer that wont shift out of second gear the codes bring up a shift solionid I changed both of them on that did not fix it I still have park,neutral,reverse but anly one forward gear it takes off it second and stays there it dont slip and the fluid looks great any ideas?