Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Reply to Topic -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend> More 700R4 questions
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

Thread: More 700R4 questions Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
10-03-2011 05:03 AM
SSedan64 Since you're doing away with the Computer controls, you'll need to buy a Lockup Kit or DIY.

Pin 87 ??

You can convert the 700R4 to use a Non-Lockup TC. Requires swapping the TCC Apply Valve in the Pump & removing Check Valve and O-ring from Input Shaft + a Non-Lockup TC.

Many 350s & 700R4s use the same Flexplate.
10-02-2011 11:04 AM
dlwagoner Just a thought... I have to buy a new torque convertor for the gas engine anyway, should I try to find a non-lockup convertor and just do away with the electrical? Is that even an option?

Also I have alot of th350 parts. Do the th350 and 700R4 use the same flex plate?
10-02-2011 10:47 AM
More 700R4 questions

First... I read the thread about the 700R4 lock up wire diagram, but I am unsure if that is all I need to hook up to make the trans work properly.

Second... What does the 87 pin go to?

The trans is staying in the original truck, but I am swaping engines and going with a carb. I want to do away with as much computer stuff as I can.

I am swapping the 6.2 out of my 89 Suburban for a 350.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.


Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.