Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Reply to Topic -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior> i can;t believe the way s@#t happens
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

Thread: i can;t believe the way s@#t happens Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
04-21-2002 09:04 PM
Racenuts Hey there oldcarguy85,

I've been out of the body business for a few years now but there was a company in Wisconsin that I used to use for body panels. They were excellent in quality and very inexpensive. The companys name was "Brown's of Two Rivers Wisconsin" They had bolt-in and weld-in repair panels for a wide variety of vehicles. is an excellent web browser that combines all of the search engines on the net. Try typing in Brown's of Two Rivers Wisconsin and see if they have what you need. Good Luck!

04-19-2002 09:23 PM
big dreams Well in looking at the pics you`ll be better off replacing the whole panel.This being the case you`ll have to heve that side glass taken out. For this iwould cal an auto glass place as this would be cheaper than replacing the glass that got broke when you try to pull it out you`re self.Now its not impossible for you to pull it out but the urethane that hold s the glass in is pretty stubborn stuff. You may have to get the body pulled on a frame machine to make sure everything lines up right.I would pull out the spare and look inside the trim panel to see if your inner structure is damaged,This also may be a way for you to straighten the pnl from the inside.Although it would take a whole lot of mud to fix it.You may want to get the used quarter pnl and take it to the body shop and have them replace it,a used quarter pnl requires alot of cleanup(timming). If you let the bodyshop get the qt pnl they will mark it up and it will cost you more. Well I hope I didn`t ramble to much,and I hope this helps. If you need some more help Holler.
04-07-2002 07:43 PM
gordon kitson jordan like your name you might be young but dont take there bullllllllllllllll id go to a realy good body shop and ask all kinds of questions on how they plan to fix it there shouldnt be any cost for just an estimate take all the info put it together bingo you might have what you need if you need a hole pannel call st louis auto panel they have a 800 no.i hope you the best of luck gordon
04-07-2002 03:49 PM
38 special Okay, I'm with you now. Don't worry about it. I'm sure you'll get another old car at some time. Good luck with your truck. Sounds like you got a bum rap.
04-07-2002 12:08 PM
Phat First thing i would do is pay a laywer 200 bucks. Around here if you got hit in the side that far back(even if you pulled out in front of her)its her nut.Now dont take this the wrong way ..but maybe have and older person call the insurance company and tell them its not drivable ,and your going to get a rental.Also not a bad idea to tell them your a little sore and going to see a doctor. It usally gets things going in a hurry. I dont think i would cut that one ,it looks to be a little easer to pull and hammer. Just cause your yonug you should not let them push you around. I hope you did not back out in front of her?? Cause than you will be paying to fix her car(well your insurance anyway) At your age you need to fight any and all tickets as your insurance will go through the roof. Good luck.
04-06-2002 07:52 PM
oldcarguy85 it means old car guy like old cars and i am a guy

but the whoile old car thing aint really righ tany more cause i jsut got rid of my 1953 ford
04-06-2002 05:23 PM
38 special Hey Jordan, just out of curriosity why do you use the moniker oldcarguy85 when your a young car guy??
04-06-2002 04:49 PM
oldcarguy85 hey,

dmorris: so far i liek the edelbrock carebeurtaor.. this is the first engine i have built however so i dont; have anything to compare it to

some people told me about a place that sells body parts for cars... lie gm parts at really good pricesl... i can get an entire rear quarter panel from door to rear and going as high as above the window for 371 dollars.....

thas the link.... umm the inner part of teh quarter panel is pretyt messed up ther too though, but i think it might be possible to bend that out to meet up witht enew panel since it only has to meet at he wel points and stuff and doensn;t have to look perfect (the inner part that is)

as for the gas filler neck, there is a rubber hose that connects the gas filler thign to teh gas tank so that wasnt;l harmed, and the area for hte gas filer thign is in the new sheet metal pice.... cehck out that link and hit view illustration on one of the parts and it will show you the whoel thing

thanks for the help,
04-06-2002 01:21 PM
4 Jaw Chuck She would have to hit the filler door and bend the filler neck to boot! I would say get a whole lower 1/4 for that side and get a new filler door, getting the fuel door flange straight again will be a bi_ch. The panel is pretty cheap, I think around a $100, too bad the rest of the truck is cherry. I'm not sure if a lower 1/4 has the door flange in it? Does anyone else know?
04-06-2002 12:46 PM
dmorris1200 Hey Jordan, sorry I don't know squat about bodywork but I like the pics. Looks like a sweet ride. Have to ask, how do you like the Edelbrock carb. I've been using nothing but Holleys for 20 years cause I know them well and rebuilt a few. Usually I like to stick with what I'm familiar with but would like opinion on Edelbrocks carb if you don't mind. If you don't want to post here you can send me a personal message through the board, thanks.
04-05-2002 04:50 PM
oldcarguy85 Hey,

i got pics of the car....... so maybe someone can tell me how much it will cost to get this fixed or how to fix it. But mind u, i m nto very good at body work. ...... i jstu wish i had someone to help me fix this so i could learn and get it fixed right....

here .......


<a href="][/URL]

[ April 05, 2002: Message edited by: oldcarguy85 ]</p>
04-04-2002 07:53 PM
liquid_larry Jordan, Sure glad you joined our group,cause there hasn't been anyone that I have enjoyed reading about their great automotive journey more than yours. I'm sorry to hear of your latest episode and hope everything turns out ok.Look on the bright side,now you will get to learn how to do some body work. If you can post a picture of the damage I'm sure you will get some replies on the best way to fix it. My other suggestion would be to hang onto your 53 it might come in handy in the future.All I can say is sh** happens.
04-04-2002 06:07 PM
Paco Most any body shop can get you weld in panels for your truck, but the cheapest would be head to the local wrecking yard and have them cut off an over sized piece from where you need it to go on your truck. Cut to fit, paint to match..simple as all that...PACO
04-04-2002 05:31 PM
i can;t believe the way s@#t happens


last week i finished outting a sbc 327 in my 88 s10 blazer... it turned out real nice and looked real good... the trucks body was straight and only ahd afew dents..... then as we went to test the truck for the first time i was mvoign the cars so we coudl pull it otu adn i rean my hood over... i ran righ tover the damn thing... but on monday i bought a new ione from a guy down the street, so all that needded was paint. then yesterday i was out with some friends, and i was parked on the curb in some side street and as i was pullign otui this lady comes flying around the turn right before where i was parked and hit me in the left rear side of my car..... now as u can imagine i was and still am incredibly pissed... but the thing that opissed me off more is that the cop totally took teh side of the other lady adn she told me it was my fault (probably cause i m 16 and was with 2 firends) aanyway,

I m probvably gonna end up witht ehcrappy end of the stick on this, and since we don;t have collison insurance on this car i m gonna be stuckign gettign it fixed myslef...

Now for the question ( i m sorry for the story i jsut have to tell somebody)...... Does somebody make like weld in steel body panels? i was thiniing it might not be that bad if i coudl find a panel to weld in to eplace rthe damaged area.....if not, i will post soem pics of the damage, and then maybe somebody who was int eh busoness can tekll me about hwo much it woudl cost to get this fixed....

thanks for any help,

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.