Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Reply to Topic -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior> Good replacement for water shed paper in door?
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

Thread: Good replacement for water shed paper in door? Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
05-22-2006 08:54 AM
astroracer I used mylar drawing "paper" on a buddies car to replace the paper. I scarfed a bunch of obsolete format drawings from work. This is some tuff stuff and is impossible to rip and is moderately flame retardent.
05-21-2006 04:34 PM
Water Shed/vapor Seal

30 Ml Plastic Cut To Shape 3m Trim Adhesive. Works Every Time
05-21-2006 12:59 PM
MARTINSR Heres a little trivia no one will care about. Those parts are called "water shields" or "condensation shields" and I have a cousin who was born and raised in Detroit. He has worked for a couple of parts suppliers to the big boys his whole life, the last being NSK bearing. These days he is working for a company who supplies these "water shields" and a few other plastic interior pieces.

On some late model cars they are TRULY "water shields". Leave them out of the doors on a 2004 Gran Prix and you WILL have LOTS of water in the car. On many late model cars they are not just paper held in with a little spray adhesive. They are thick plastic sheets held in with butyl tape like a friggin window!

They REALLY do seal out water from the interior.

05-21-2006 12:42 PM
rj57 On a budget but still want to cover the inside of the door to protect the door panel?

Use a large, heavy mill trash bag. Just cut it to fit the inside door skin and the results comes out great.

When you own multipule cars sometimes you learn to cut costs but not leave a part out.
05-21-2006 07:55 AM
MARTINSR If you are after what will "work" the best and not what was "original" the plastic is the way to go. Most all cars now use plastic.

05-21-2006 07:25 AM
Good replacement for water shed paper in door?

Hi all,
I noticed that the paper that goes under the door panels needs replacing. I saw on Dream car garage what looked to be a thin plastic sheet instead of paper. Any ideas on what will work the best?
Thanks, Walt

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.