Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Reply to Topic
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Ford dealer tells it like it is.
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Thread: Ford dealer tells it like it is. Reply to Thread
Title:
  
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
12-25-2008 11:47 AM
doctorjohnny Another great set of details to sway everyone, thanks for your participation.

Either way, T-bucket, I hope your having a Merry Christmas!, seriously!,
Johnny.
12-25-2008 09:23 AM
T-bucket23
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjohnny
Ok, check my facts.

There's an independently-owned shop on Manhattan Blvd. in Harvey, LA. Now, keep in mind that there's only a hand-full on that street. I'm not going to give the name because that's not cool to post on the internet.

There's a 2003 Toyota Camry XLE with a 4 cylinder engine. It has about 70k miles, and it is owned by one of the guys who works at the shop........obviously maintained. Guess what it needs.............a motor.

I invite you to look it up.

I also invite you to call an auto title place at 4141 Veterans Blvd. in Metairie, LA. There's a young man there who currently owns a 2001 Corolla with all good maintenance records. Ask what he put in it...............a motor.


Call an Aamco transmission on the Westbank metro area of New Orleans. Ask if they've recently had a 1998 Civic with about 120k miles with an engine problem and find out the diagnosis. Guess what................needs an engine.

Check it out fact-finder. Let me know if you need more.

And, T-bucket, from the posts I've seen, the only people that think I'm wrong either gave a specific situation to back it up or did like yourself.........blabbed about whatever you felt like blabbing about.

The rest are on my side.
You and the StreetBeasts guy should get together. You would make a good pair
12-25-2008 09:21 AM
T-bucket23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto Jet
Websites like carsurvey.org will give you a very good idea what youre getting. Honda/Toyota > Big 3. Ask any real mechanic and they will tell you same thing, overall they make better vehicles. And I really would stay away from American cars right now. I'm sure alot of those pissed off UAW workers aren't too concerned with quality control while they're thinking about a possible cut in their pay.

For what it's worth I've got a 95 Accord. It's got 326,000 miles on it, original engine/automatic trans, A/C (ice cold, never recharged) every accessory still works and they're original. The power windows still go up and down, it hasn't even needed an alternator. 4 people I know have bought Honda's just because of seeing how well mine held up over the years. More stuff went wrong with my 99 Cobra going from 21,000 - 26,000 miles than my Accord did going from 221,000 - 326,000. That says alot. Oh and I beat the Accord harder.
That is exactly my point. We have many customers with Japanese cars with well over 200K that still run like a top and everything still works. This clown can come up with 3 Japanese cars with issues. Only a fool would think any car company would have a zero defect record, but of course only a fool would try to convince any one that a Ford is even remotely close to any of the Japanese companies in quality. He went to 3 different shops to find 3 cars with issues. We generally have a yard full of cars with repairs that are needed due to design defects or shoddy workmanship and most are American.
12-25-2008 12:32 AM
Ghetto Jet Websites like carsurvey.org will give you a very good idea what youre getting. Honda/Toyota > Big 3. Ask any real mechanic and they will tell you same thing, overall they make better vehicles. And I really would stay away from American cars right now. I'm sure alot of those pissed off UAW workers aren't too concerned with quality control while they're thinking about a possible cut in their pay.

For what it's worth I've got a 95 Accord. It's got 326,000 miles on it, original engine/automatic trans, A/C (ice cold, never recharged) every accessory still works and they're original. The power windows still go up and down, it hasn't even needed an alternator. 4 people I know have bought Honda's just because of seeing how well mine held up over the years. More stuff went wrong with my 99 Cobra going from 21,000 - 26,000 miles than my Accord did going from 221,000 - 326,000. That says alot. Oh and I beat the Accord harder.
12-24-2008 12:58 PM
doctorjohnny Ok, check my facts.

There's an independently-owned shop on Manhattan Blvd. in Harvey, LA. Now, keep in mind that there's only a hand-full on that street. I'm not going to give the name because that's not cool to post on the internet.

There's a 2003 Toyota Camry XLE with a 4 cylinder engine. It has about 70k miles, and it is owned by one of the guys who works at the shop........obviously maintained. Guess what it needs.............a motor.

I invite you to look it up.

I also invite you to call an auto title place at 4141 Veterans Blvd. in Metairie, LA. There's a young man there who currently owns a 2001 Corolla with all good maintenance records. Ask what he put in it...............a motor.


Call an Aamco transmission on the Westbank metro area of New Orleans. Ask if they've recently had a 1998 Civic with about 120k miles with an engine problem and find out the diagnosis. Guess what................needs an engine.

Check it out fact-finder. Let me know if you need more.

And, T-bucket, from the posts I've seen, the only people that think I'm wrong either gave a specific situation to back it up or did like yourself.........blabbed about whatever you felt like blabbing about.

The rest are on my side.
12-24-2008 12:27 AM
BMM Another thing Id like to point out...

What kind of service do import dealers typically provide compared to domestic dealers.

My fathers spent more than 100,000 at the local chev dealer, only to have a shody inspection done, missing a critical saftey problem.
I just bought (a month ago) a brand new Ford Fusion from the ford dealer here. This weekend I notice coolant leaking. Am I wrong in out-right refusing to pay $25 a day for a loaner car from the dealer while they fix my car? Simply stuff like that makes me feel as if these companies don't care about my buisness, let alone me personally. I'm kind of pissed I gave $22 000 to a company who needs to make 50 bucks off me still for their ****-up.
12-23-2008 07:09 PM
T-bucket23
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjohnny
Well, T-bucket, those details that you just gave me are real cloudy in nature. They almost make me think that my head may be in the clouds. Or is it the smoky haze on your end that isn't allowing those details to display properly. Wow, now that I'm thinking of it, I think that when I read your latest post that I can smell some of that smoke and I think that I'm feeling funny from it. It almost makes me wanna laugh.

Anyway, back to this, I was hoping that you could explain an never-before-seen problem. I've never seen it on an American car. We are working on a '99 Kia Sportage with about 80k miles. It seems that the fuel tank rusted inside and clogged the pump, filter, line, injectors, and regulator with rust. I guess that this was an American made part or something.

I was also hoping that you could tell me which American cars that I should avoid. Maybe you can point out some common problems on some to help me stay out of that huge trouble.
Kia's are probably the worst car ever made. Nothing would surprise me. We have changed engines in several and all with less than 100K and no they dont honor the warrantee. They have all sort of excuses why they wont.
Im done arguing with you as you just make up your facts as you go along and everyone but you knows you are wrong.
12-22-2008 11:07 PM
SDLuck Ford has a tsb for a similar problem
12-22-2008 10:42 PM
doctorjohnny Well, T-bucket, those details that you just gave me are real cloudy in nature. They almost make me think that my head may be in the clouds. Or is it the smoky haze on your end that isn't allowing those details to display properly. Wow, now that I'm thinking of it, I think that when I read your latest post that I can smell some of that smoke and I think that I'm feeling funny from it. It almost makes me wanna laugh.

Anyway, back to this, I was hoping that you could explain an never-before-seen problem. I've never seen it on an American car. We are working on a '99 Kia Sportage with about 80k miles. It seems that the fuel tank rusted inside and clogged the pump, filter, line, injectors, and regulator with rust. I guess that this was an American made part or something.

I was also hoping that you could tell me which American cars that I should avoid. Maybe you can point out some common problems on some to help me stay out of that huge trouble.
12-19-2008 06:01 PM
T-bucket23
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM
How about taking some of the money that was given to banks, who do nothing but steal americains money anyway, and give it to these companies who directly, or indirectly, employ a large amount of Americains?
The banks have more of a chance of comming back. I also do not agree with bailing them out but it is probably money better spent.
12-19-2008 05:57 PM
T-bucket23
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjohnny
T-bucket, I still don't see any of your details. Come on already. Give me something that I can sink my teeth into.


Here, I've got more details to help YOU out. You're right about the resale values. Do you know why? Well I do. It's mainly because of the rental car companies. They buy a slew of cars at discounted rates, make a ton of money in the rental markets, and then dump them for around half (most of the time) of what they paid for them. Only recently (in the past 5-7 yrs.) have there been rental camry's and other foreign models. SOOOOOOOOOOO when dealers like myself decide to give you a trade in value, do you think that they're going to give you more when they can buy the same loaf of bread several grand less at wal mart (the other American job killer beginning with Vlasic pickles). Yes, you can buy an off lease 2008 impala right now for like $9,000 with only 15,000 miles on it from Enterprise. The reason that you can't buy the Camry's so cheap is because there aren't nearly as many in the pool. Now load up that pool full of Camry's and Accord's and Civic's and put less Impala's, you'll see a change in demand. The same demand difference as why people would rather buy off lease Impala's, Taurus's, Focus, G-6's, Grand Prix'x, Focus', Malibu's, Cobalt's, Pt Cruiser's, Neon's, Stratus',.....etc. INSTEAD of buying new ones.

Now as far as asking independent garages (or any garage) about what cars break and don't and how much it costs to repair and so forth......he he that's redundant. If the car doesn't break, it doesn't go to the shop. And if one does, then you find out what it was. Not only that, but how would you really know without knowing the number of cars actually hit the street new and are maintained by a good owner instaed of hitting and getting dogged out by the rental car pools? You don't have the figures to, hence, figure that out.

And, if there's anyone out there who knows, which one of the manfacturers install stainless steel brake rotors on thier cars? Hmm, I thought that they all got rusty. Or maybe the Japanese put aluminum brake rotors.

Gimme a break already.
We have several customers with foreign cars and we do see them for oil changes and routine maint.

You really need to get your head out of the clouds and look at what is going on. The real fact on rentals is they only keep them for a short time to avoid repairs. The rental companies here have both Domestic and foreign in about equal numbers and at the sales they have the Foreigns still pull a good price. usually 40-50% more than a comparable domestic car. I have been involved in the automotive business since 1973 and it is a travisty what has become of the American cars
12-18-2008 08:28 PM
schnitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM
How about taking some of the money that was given to banks, who do nothing but steal americains money anyway, and give it to these companies who directly, or indirectly, employ a large amount of Americains?

Please see the 45th posting in this thread, where I explained my plan that flowed right in line with that thought process. Problem is, the greed in this country runs so deep it'll never work. But, like I said in that thread, it may be far fetched, but it's a better plan than is on any other plate...


In a while, Chet.
12-18-2008 07:25 PM
BMM How about taking some of the money that was given to banks, who do nothing but steal americains money anyway, and give it to these companies who directly, or indirectly, employ a large amount of Americains?
12-18-2008 03:15 PM
oldguy829
ford dealer

My point of view.
No matter how you slice and dice, it sure as hell isn't the taxpayers fault they are in trouble. Why should we bail them out?
12-18-2008 03:14 PM
schnitz I only saw a couple of Monte Carlo's listed that were worthy of even looking into. The 1918 Cadillac was the only other one to jump out at me to even consider. But the 2004 Saturn Vue Spring Special, well, oh man, I gotta book the tickets NOW. I wouldn't want to miss that...



In a while, Chet.
This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.