Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Reply to Topic -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools> mig welder
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

Thread: mig welder Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
07-31-2009 04:53 PM
I think the Sears welders were made by Clarke...
I know some of them were/are made by Century.
07-31-2009 02:11 PM
OneMoreTime Try for online welders supplies..the bottle one will have to get from a local gas supplier..I have had no issue with my bottle exchange from my local guy..course if he gave me any lip I will have a new guy..
For the OP any flow meter will work..what you need that is part specific is the valve that goes in the machine..I think the Sears welders were made by Clarke and the are out of business so you may be SOL on parts.

07-31-2009 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by OLNOLAN
What's you're take on the suppliers insisting on renting their bottles? Is it all the current federal regulations on periodic rebuild and recertification, or the suppliers just jackin profits by getting the rent and the refill costs?
Probably all of the above. I think in my particular area it's a problem because none of the suppliers do their own filling of the tanks. They are all sent about 1 1/2 hours south to Wausau to be filled. Thus, it's virtually impossible to keep track of "owned" tanks so they can get them back to the rightful place.

What they ended up doing with my tanks (oxy/acetylene and my mig tank) is just incorporated them into their regular system. I gave them my old "owned" tanks and now I don't pay any rental fee. I just drop off my empty and pick up a full one from my local distributor. But only one local supplier was willing to go to bat for me on this and work out a deal. The other nearby supplier, Car Quest, has an absolute policy of rental only and would not fill me "owned" tanks.
07-31-2009 01:18 PM
Back to the upgrade . . .

I have a little Lincoln 100 Weld Pac (I think that's the model . . . 120 V job). I, too, need to find some upgrade hardware for using MIG vs Flux-Core(technically, I suppose it's GMAW short-arc vs. FCAW). I've been to Orchard Supply Hardware (pretty serious hardware store), two Home Depots, and one Lowes looking for the "MIG kit" that HD used to stock. No such luck. The MIG kits used to include the bottle, IIRC, but the ones advertized on-line now-a-days are short the bottle and they're nearly 50% more money. What do y'all recommend as a source for these kits? Do the HF welders have such a kit available? Are they Lincoln compatible? Thanks for any input.

07-31-2009 08:01 AM
Bottle Rent

Hey Cboy, hate to butt in, but I think the OP might be interested too.
Question is; What's you're take on the suppliers insisting on renting their bottles? Is it all the current federal regulations on periodic rebuild and recertification, or the suppliers just jackin profits by getting the rent and the refill costs? In recent years this has seemed to become a hassel in our area too. I would really like to own my bottles cause I don't use enough gas to warrant the expense(monthly rental)olnolan
07-31-2009 06:44 AM
cboy Another option is to rent the bottle from where you get your gas. Around here, the suppliers almost insist on that. I had to jump through some hoops to get them to incorporate my bottle, which I owned, into their supply system. So you might want to check with whomever is going to supply your gas to see what their policy is on "owned" bottles.
07-31-2009 06:36 AM ANY welding supply or even a REAL hardware store, or TSC, will have tanks and related parts.
07-30-2009 09:38 PM
57 shaker
mig welder

I'm a newbe and would like to ask you guys a question about a little Craftsman wire feed mig that has infinate voltage control,1/4 inch single pass,uses solid or flux cored,120v.20amp.My question is I have everything except the argon/co2 bottle and the pressure gauges.Sears has no parts available where should I look for a bottle and what size and will any good gauge set work ? thank you

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.