Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Reply to Topic -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools> Flat head Valve spring remover Tool???
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

Thread: Flat head Valve spring remover Tool??? Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
08-20-2009 09:08 PM
pk44 Oh I get it...mind flinch. I've seen those on ebay but nowhere else. Anyway, I had my motor slanted upside down when I took them some kind of vertigo I guess.

Thanks, PK
08-20-2009 06:19 PM These are the tools that look like a big "C" clamp. the flat round end goes against the top of the valve and the split end goes over the valve spring in the block. Then the screw portion is tightened by hand or over-center lever. This pulls the retainer towards the valve head. Then you can get to the keeper (valve lock). When installing, grease the valve lock so it will stick to the valve.
08-20-2009 05:49 PM
pk44 Hmm, on a flathead? Where would you clamp the other end of the "c" (if your talking about what I'm think you are)

Thanks, PK
08-20-2009 04:20 PM I use a "C" type valve spring compressor made for small engines. Briggs, Kohler, Tecumseh, etc. With the correct spring end in it. It works very well.
08-20-2009 11:24 AM
Flat head Valve spring remover Tool???


Did a search and came up over whelmed. Have a 52 Chrysler Flathead. Took the valve springs out any which way I could with the wrong, $3 tool and what ever else I could put my hands on. Knuckles pretty bloodied up.

Anyway, I don't want to put them back in that way. Is there a reasonably priced tool still made for this application. I've seen some that claim to do the trick but I can't quite wrap my head around how they could work.

Or , has any one made one that a mediocre welder could put together?

Regards, Pk

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.