|09-08-2009 08:52 AM|
|deadbodyman||hehehe .You what really burns my Butt? Besides ebonics? lighting a fart with tight pants on....|
|09-08-2009 08:44 AM|
I'm gonna go work on my breaks, then I have a selenoid that is sticking. Oh and yeah thos door hinges also have a fitment issue.
|09-08-2009 06:28 AM|
|09-08-2009 06:23 AM|
|09-08-2009 06:14 AM|
|09-08-2009 06:10 AM|
|deadbodyman||I'm having a ****ment fitment... ...LOL they caught me again..A sheet feet !!!!|
|09-07-2009 10:33 PM|
|jimfulco||I thought fitment only applied to expensive highbrow furrin-car parts that have no application in my life.|
|09-07-2009 06:55 PM|
|61bone||Yup, sounds like a fitment to me.|
|09-07-2009 07:27 AM|
Brian - you opened a good topic that requires deviation - there are lots of duel e-r-r-r dual meanings to pour a-h-h-h-h-h pore over.
(Those are two of the worst examples I see here and a couple of the other forums I frequent)
|09-06-2009 07:11 AM|
|09-06-2009 07:07 AM|
|deadbodyman||hey ding, I like the part about a quick ez erection against the right hand......|
|09-05-2009 11:44 PM|
Everyone of those is regarding "Function", not appearance.
|09-05-2009 11:38 PM|
Here's part of a page from Google I copied.
o collegecatalytic converter
fitment - use in sentences
* system: For many sporty cars, certificates showing the fitment of such systems are a condition of insurance.
Converse of object
* shower: White corner style bath, with antique style tap and shower fitment over the bath.
* allow: Also included are fixing points to allow simple fitment of PCBs for addressable systems.
* enable: Alan Whenman makes some final alterations to the ashpan to enable correct fitment to the bottom of the firebox.
* require: The previous government had decided not to require the fitment of ATP on the privatized rail network.
* include: Mods include the fitment of a quality kit and full flip paint job.
* have: The awning has all fitments built-in to allow for quick easy erection against the right hand side of transporter.
* universal: Reducing vehicle speeds Work is required to develop harmonized standards for Intelligent Speed Adaptation systems with the aim of eventual universal fitment.
* original: With the exception of the cubicle cisterns all are original fitments dating from 1899.
* standard: Plus the standard fitment of stylish 14 " Sao Paulo alloy wheels & the choice of Metallic or Pearl Effect paint.
* light: Exposed feature timber roof trusses and beams. black wrought iron style ceiling light fitment.
* other: It was modified to remove the other un-cool fitment, namely the pedals.
* mandatory: Foden Vehicle manufacturer Will offer choice of analog or VDO digital until mandatory fitment required.
Modifies a noun
* program: We are now reaching a point in the TPWS fitment program where significant safety benefits are being obtained.
Noun used with modifier
* bathroom: Only where a planned maintenance program of work is more than 18 months away will the Responsive Repairs team consider renewing a bathroom fitment.
* tire: There also is an online tire fitments and pressure calculator.
* engine: Prior to engine fitment the engine bay was cleaned to bare metal and undersealed.
There's more. Go to google and use the advanced search. I don't know what's right or wrong, today was the first time I heard of the word. I've never used it.
|09-05-2009 05:23 PM|
After all that this is the only one that comes close.
"A thing fitted to another in order to accomplish a specific purpose."
It is still is refering to a "function" like the hinge components and latch fitment more than an appearence "fit".
An interesting thing, spell check your post with "fitment" in it! LOL
|09-05-2009 02:20 PM|
|eloc431962||And this http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&d...ition&ct=title . Cole|
|This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|