|12-10-2011 08:00 PM|
could you please send the plans to me. And wat is the vacuum for.
my email is email@example.com thank you
|07-30-2010 12:54 PM|
|07-30-2010 12:36 PM|
toilet bowl flanges are what we use..
|07-30-2010 11:57 AM|
|KenCam||PVC (polyvinyl chloride) is the plastic pipe they use in plumbing. It comes in all sizes and is pretty cheap. Check out your local hardware store I'm sure they will have something that will work.|
|07-30-2010 11:45 AM|
thanks for the reply, but what are PVC Flanges? and if they were too small, what do you think should one rather use... or where do you guys think one can find plastic arm holes like these?
i would like to use something big so one has enough space to work and move..
|07-30-2010 08:23 AM|
|KenCam||I used cheap heavy duty gloves on mine. I extended the length by cutting the legs off a pair of jeans and used fabric glue to attach them to the gloves. I used PVC flanges for the arm holes. They were a tad small. I had planned to weld in something better later. I attached the gloves to the flanges with large hose clamps.|
|07-30-2010 03:53 AM|
thanks so much in advance.
|01-10-2010 07:42 PM|
Mine cost me about $2.50 to build (cost of my hinges)...this is about as cheap as it gets. Just scrap plywood, I use heavy rubber gloves, 2 trashbags to extend my arms into the cabinet. I just snipped a small area out of the bottom of the bag for my hand to slip through. For the window I used the piece of plastic in those el cheapo frames (its what I had on hand). The plastic is frosted over and needs to be replaced. I hinged the frame, caulked the edges, drilled a hole in one corner of the cabinet so I can just push the material to that hole. The material drains nicely back into my blaster. I have a mesh filter in my blaster to catch any pieces of debris. So there ya go- it is functional, not pretty, but a coat of paint and then it looks good and functional.
|01-02-2010 04:44 PM|
I no this is an old post I was considering buying a cheap harbor freight cabinet and saw your buildup and have all the materials I need already. Just wondering if you can share whatever plans you have to assist me in my build. I also wanted to add that alot of time you can get info by doing a patent search at freepatentsonline.
|06-01-2009 02:55 PM|
ok, newbie to sandblasters here, exactly what is a blast pot?
|05-08-2009 06:09 PM|
hey i would like to build my own also
any plans i could get you can send
them to me i like all the ones on here
|05-08-2009 05:49 PM|
Thanks very much will try post a picture of the one i made
|04-20-2009 03:18 PM|
Sorry for the long wait!
The barrel is a standard 55 gallon drum. I used a D.A grinder on the left side of the barrel (one without the bungs on it) 1.5 inches from the edge of the barrel to make the door hole. On the bottom of the door hole i left it flat so i could use hinges to open it. Common door rain seal was used on the inside of the hole to keep in the media. the door itself is made from 3/4 mdf with 4 holes for fresh air to enter the blast chamber. the vents you see in the picture are sofit covers from the home depot it helps keep in the media but lets the air in. I used a D.A to cut the window hole and used 3/4 plywood for the frame of the window. To match the curve of the barrel for the frame hold the frame to the outside of the barrel and trace the curve, use bandsaw and attach with drywall screws. I used permatex on all mating surfaces. The window pannel frame is 1" L channel mitered at the corners and welded together for ease of plexi changes (when window stars to get bad). It's held in with 1/4" bolt that is welded to the drum and hold the window pane frame with decorative knobs from the DEPOT. The window is standard plexi that i cut using a knife by scoring and snaping. The mating surface of the window to the blast cabinet has window foam seal to make it air tight when the knobs are secured. The arm holes are made with a D.A grinder and the collars are made of 1/16" steel made into a band then welded, then the total part is welded to the hole in the drum then permatexed. The light is from harbor freight 9$ and the gloves as well 7$. The rack inside is from a fridge i found in the desert and welded together. The small screen is from a old microwave i found next to the fridge. (holds small parts better). On the right side of the drum are the two bungs. The large one ia a standard 1-1/2 pipe thread which i used a sink install kit to connect to my shop-vac to pull the fresh air through. The small hole had a seal on it, i removed it and ran my pressurised blaster through. On the bottom of the inside of the drum i drilled a hole that i used a sink stop, to hold the used media and to empty when it gets full. As far a specs go i'll have to do some measuring and post again online. But with the picture supplied and being this IS a website for gearheads one can only make my idea better!
|02-09-2009 05:58 PM|
|01-22-2009 11:30 AM|
|This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|