Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Reply to Topic -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine> Hooking up a Q jet..??
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

Thread: Hooking up a Q jet..?? Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
09-06-2003 08:53 PM
Jmark You can use a metal pipe plug if its going directly into the manifold, or if its a pipe, just get a matching size piece of hose, put a bolt in it and push it on. Not the most eye appealing way, but works!
09-06-2003 08:50 PM
Trav excellant.. good point.. but.. if i do this how do i block off my manifold vacum?
09-06-2003 03:40 PM
Jmark If your pcv hose is going to your intake, i'd personally move it to the lower front large pipe on the Q-jet. If the location on the manifold is closer to one runner than the others, you will delute one or two cylinders more than the rest with crankcase gas. If you use the center port on the carb, the gases will be more evenly dispersed to all the cylinders.
09-06-2003 03:38 PM
Trav perfect.. thanx man.. thats all i needed
09-06-2003 02:49 PM
johnsongrass1 Not dumb qeustions at all. Use the port above the throttle plates for vacuum advance and the other will be used for anything that needs a constant source of vacuum. If you don't need it then cap it off. The big port in front bottom of the carb was used for the PCV valve. You can just cap it off as well.
09-06-2003 02:16 PM
Hooking up a Q jet..??

well kinda sounds like a stupid question... but i got most of it figured out.. im swapping a holley double pumper to a Q jet rochester.. the fuel line is simple.. the brake booster is easy also.. but for my vacum advance theres to possible connetions.. one at the base of the carb.. and another about 2 inchs above it.. wut would be a better vacum source? also theres one more port or wutever its called.. at the very front bottom at the bas in the center of the carb.. its a bigger connection.. is this for PCV ?? also theres one above it.. but it was not used cuz it has a rubber fitting holding it closed.. my PCV right now is directly to the manifold on my edelbrock performer.. i just not sure wut to do with the 2 choices for vacum.. and just close off the others i don't use?? thanx for the help on a dum quesiont.. hope u can understand wut im asking.. kinda typed this fast.. sorry guys.. thanx!

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.