Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Reply to Topic -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics> Frenching
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

Thread: Frenching Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
01-04-2012 01:03 PM
AutoGear To me 'tunnelling' lights meant being way 'deeper' than the typical frenching buckets you could buy. As to how deep one needs to go in order to be tunnelled vs idea. I assume its like the Supreme Court's definition of know it when you see it
01-02-2012 12:18 PM

Great thanks for the info.
I'm much smarter man now.
Thanks again
01-02-2012 12:14 PM
poncho62 From Wikipedia

"The name originates from the end result looking like a French cuff of a shirt sleeve, which has a ridge at the end. Also known as tunnelling, it is a common modification used on leadsleds and customs since the 1930s."
01-02-2012 11:40 AM
where did the term "FRENCHING" come from?

Thanks, but I know what FRENCHING is and how it it done.
What I'd like to find out is where did the term "FRENCHING" come from?
01-02-2012 11:08 AM
poncho62 Frenching in the headlights means to build the fender out around them, thereby sinking them back in a tunnel of was also done with taillights a lot

01-02-2012 08:45 AM

Hello, I'm new to the site and I'm in the process of doing a mod on my 50merc.
I'm going to FRENCH in the head and tail lights and was wondering what that term means. Where did the term "FRENCHING" come from and where did it start in the hot rod game?
Thanks for the help.
Signed \Ferg -

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.