|Today 05:41 AM|
|Today 05:34 AM|
|Yesterday 08:52 PM|
I have decided life is too short, I will be selling those wheel opening mouldings as it. I was out working on one Saturday and it hit me, this is taking way too long, if I was better at it, that would be different. But a few of them have some pretty funky dents in them, I gave up. I need to get back to working on the truck.
|Yesterday 08:50 PM|
I got the tires mounted for the Falcon. Guys, I am telling you, I can't believe how things fall together. One of the biggest road blocks with this Falcon has been the wheels. Four lug in back five in front and we had no wheels to even put on the front so it's not even rollable let alone drivable. And of course we didn't want to spend money on the front wheels if the rears couldn't be bought and the rear had the four lugs and dead end over and over.
I measured the offset and we started to figure out what to do and it hit me to give my wrecking yard a call and see if they had any stock Granada wheels, duh! How about only $20 each! WHOOO HOOOO, I ordered them Friday and they were here today at the shop. But to kick it all off on Friday after ordering the rims I spotted some tires up on a shelf in the shop. Got the latter and wham the damn tires had a pile of rubber on them and were 185/65/14! OMG These are not easy tires to come by today, I asked the boss and he gave them to me. So when the wheels came in, I ran them down to our tire guy on a break along with the tires and then picked them up tonight on the way home and he did it for free! Here we have been tied up in knots and got it all for a lousy $40! Damn I am blessed that's all I can say.
So tonight I come home to Nick at work, but stuck a wheel on there and we are inches from ready to fly. Bleed the brakes and put a light switch and he is on the road.
Of course, will I be parking my Gran Sport? I don't know. One thing is that my radio bit the dust today, just like that, it's crap. Darn it, I hate to install a stereo but I may just do that.
|Yesterday 07:38 PM|
Made the outside plates for the sub today. Just can't get more than a couple of hours in the shop it seems. At least I am able to plug away at it.
This makes the joint three layers thick.
|Yesterday 06:11 PM|
|idrivejunk||I also love the black epoxy. Thats what I did today!|
|Yesterday 04:02 PM|
|Yesterday 08:42 AM|
oh... i ran across this from several years ago
Cable Penetrations Almost Did In The EMMA MAERSK - gCaptain
and the accident report if the link in the above article does not work for you. pictures are great in the link below..
|07-24-2016 06:59 AM|
|07-23-2016 11:57 PM|
this is the exact thing that i need. had just figured it out from the diagram i've sent you in a PM.
Today i'll be working on it and i'll keep you updated
|07-23-2016 08:14 PM|
|idrivejunk||All I've been doing is Datsun dents and mud. Checked on Mike yesterday, he is making good progress (see pic).|
|07-23-2016 08:06 PM|
|07-23-2016 06:47 PM|
I am still plugging away on the subframe. Got the outer plates cut out and ruffed in. I realize I have beat this thing to death but it is exciting to see it taking shape..
|07-23-2016 06:43 PM|
Feels like you're getting somewhere.
|07-23-2016 03:53 PM|
I was finally able to get a little more work done on the truck today. Two coats of SPI black epoxy laid down pretty well. Started off by DA'ing the entire hood, especially the area with the surface rust.
I ended up using an electric DA because my little compressor was having a hard time keeping up, and it was spitting water on the hood. Not a good thing. Took most down to bare metal, and the rest down to the factory primer.
I cleaned the hood with some of my shopline wax and grease remover first, and let that flash off. I went back over it with the SPI waterborne W&G remover. It actually picked up a little more stuff that was left behind by the other. Surprised me.
I mixed up the primer, and while I was waiting for it to induce I changed out my air hose, drained the tank, and got ready to spray. I'm sure my gun settings are not the best, but the primer laid down pretty well.
This is after the first coat, and I had a couple of thin spots. Had to mix up another batch to spray the second coat. No pics after the second coat. The black shows all of the dings along the front of the hood that will have to be filled, but that's another job for another day...
|This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|