|Today 06:32 AM|
well I took care of the spin on oil filter adapter, I modified the approach Lee Narjam took and only did the grinding to the filter side of the retaining nut, this allows the machined surfaces to be mated to each other
full face mask so icould see what i was doing and the final poisition was with the grinder on top paralell (sp?) to the wood
its now 3/16 and it took about 30 mins of just slow work so i didnt screw up
|Yesterday 04:39 PM|
|whitecloud||I really admire your work. I had a chance to buy an mga in pristine condition many moons ago for $650. I couldn't come up with the money. Best of luck on your project.|
|Yesterday 03:39 PM|
MGA rod bearings
Just my 2cents worth, spent many years working on early British cars, never pass on an opportunity to replace of set of rod bearings. With that said after setting that long that I would also pull pressure relief spring and piston to clean and inspect. I've found more than one stuck! Mr.T ps. GREAT PROJECT Keep up the good work.
|Yesterday 03:13 PM|
good day today......
looks like a good match
clean baby clean
1/2 and 1/2
plan is to change the oil pump and i see no reason to get out the engine stand
this will get scotch brited and clear coated
that my friends looks like a new pressure plate
and of course the 2nd hardened gasket
typical of an engine that has been sitting for decades
looks like originalstyle pump
another new piston, that makes 3 new pistions and one with oil stains
measure this tomorrow
need to do some research on this freeze plug on why its out so far, when i got the car it still had antoifreeze in it and the radiator was full and had not split.
a good day in bob land
|Yesterday 06:53 AM|
|Yesterday 06:50 AM|
I cut the anti rattle springs although i am not sure why, they didnt look like they would hit any thing.
with a grinder and a cut off wheel
i will bend the tabs after its on the road with the real body
had little Joe make a seat bottom
hes going to have to get a pair of those skinny driving mocassins for those aircraft carrier size feet
and todays work....
made some room to work
|12-18-2013 10:44 PM|
|496CHEVY3100||Where can I buy a rachet like that,|
|12-18-2013 10:32 PM|
not sure how this took 2 hours but anyway....I got the rest of the brake parts in that I needed and I replaced the rear copper washers and tightened up the hydraulic hoses, drilled brake pedals for final clevis pin fit.
ever wonder how they get those brake lines so tight with out any rounded edges? i suspect they use something like this. this is a Proto tubing socket wrench. it slips over the brake line and then the ratchet spins and you get a really tight fitting with out any thing slipping off the hydraulic fitting and since it ratchets you can move the handle so you don't hit things. still need to put the brake anti rattle springs on.
|12-17-2013 08:17 PM|
easy work tonight added 4 more clamps to each seat bottom....the stretch is coming nicely, notice the crease is gone from last night
|12-16-2013 09:22 PM|
so that seat foam has me thinking ahead for a snowy january or february day.....my project came complete with a complete interior kit from Moss, carpet, leather seat kit and door panels. all of these are now 35 yrs old and have lived in storage for a long time. so i had to buy the seat foam and plywood base. on my last MGA i made these but this time they were purchased, last time I also made my own wiring harness and i had to stand on the dining room table in order to wrap the wire loom around it, i remember it well it was new years eve and the Mrs was snoozing on the couch.
any how here we are tonight to start the stretching process ot get things back to where they were 35 yrs ago....SLOW is a good thing on this project.
i never really noticed it but two of my old kitchen chairs are larger then the rest so i will start with the smaller ones, i put a trash bag on this and it easily slipped over, almost too easy but SLOW is the operative word here.
these look so nice, they are off of ebay and i have no issues with the quality what so ever
i find it strange that the seat bottoms and foam are handed but the seat coverings are not
you know how much I love clamps
not such a bad first fitting
no rush on these just to start to get them use to the new shape.
|12-15-2013 03:30 PM|
so i got up this morning and was drinking some coffee and eating donuts browsing the internet to figure out how to use the one good seat bottom i have left and i found this.....
and then this
I have never done this before but bought a tipping die last summer, so what the hell..............
the same lean angle as the stock back
that was fun... and i learned a lot
|12-14-2013 06:13 PM|
seat time.....worked on the seat bottoms from AN5L564 and mated them to my seat backs
the seats meet the wire brush
i strengthen the brackets in the ends
cleaned and degreased
painted black and i turned the heat up in the garage
|12-13-2013 04:34 PM|
all told 6 hours of work not technically hard but it was a lot of work. i had one piece i could use as a guide. still need to get some p clips and other hard ware. decided to move the P clip of the differential back to the 11:00 position.
|12-13-2013 01:36 PM|
brake time....anti sieze on everything
|12-12-2013 10:53 PM|
bounced around some tonight, started by painting bottom of frame where i had welded in the nuts for the floor, then moved to taking out some of the seat tracks on a set of seat bottoms unitl i couldnt get the screws and bolts seperated so they are soaking, then moved to clean up brake brass...oh and the best part Team Evil donated a mirror and vent for the scuttle!!!! thks
i think tomorrow i lay out some brake lines
|This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|