|Today 07:38 PM|
Made the outside plates for the sub today. Just can't get more than a couple of hours in the shop it seems. At least I am able to plug away at it.
This makes the joint three layers thick.
|Today 06:11 PM|
|idrivejunk||I also love the black epoxy. Thats what I did today!|
|Today 04:02 PM|
|Today 08:42 AM|
oh... i ran across this from several years ago
Cable Penetrations Almost Did In The EMMA MAERSK - gCaptain
and the accident report if the link in the above article does not work for you. pictures are great in the link below..
|Yesterday 06:59 AM|
|07-23-2016 11:57 PM|
this is the exact thing that i need. had just figured it out from the diagram i've sent you in a PM.
Today i'll be working on it and i'll keep you updated
|07-23-2016 08:14 PM|
|idrivejunk||All I've been doing is Datsun dents and mud. Checked on Mike yesterday, he is making good progress (see pic).|
|07-23-2016 08:06 PM|
|07-23-2016 06:47 PM|
I am still plugging away on the subframe. Got the outer plates cut out and ruffed in. I realize I have beat this thing to death but it is exciting to see it taking shape..
|07-23-2016 06:43 PM|
Feels like you're getting somewhere.
|07-23-2016 03:53 PM|
I was finally able to get a little more work done on the truck today. Two coats of SPI black epoxy laid down pretty well. Started off by DA'ing the entire hood, especially the area with the surface rust.
I ended up using an electric DA because my little compressor was having a hard time keeping up, and it was spitting water on the hood. Not a good thing. Took most down to bare metal, and the rest down to the factory primer.
I cleaned the hood with some of my shopline wax and grease remover first, and let that flash off. I went back over it with the SPI waterborne W&G remover. It actually picked up a little more stuff that was left behind by the other. Surprised me.
I mixed up the primer, and while I was waiting for it to induce I changed out my air hose, drained the tank, and got ready to spray. I'm sure my gun settings are not the best, but the primer laid down pretty well.
This is after the first coat, and I had a couple of thin spots. Had to mix up another batch to spray the second coat. No pics after the second coat. The black shows all of the dings along the front of the hood that will have to be filled, but that's another job for another day...
|07-23-2016 08:44 AM|
i did some additional research..
the shee-mar SM180 might be your turn signal switch..
White wire from the brake light witch.
Yellow is from the turn signal flasher.
Dark blue to the right front turn signal lamp.
Light blue to the left front turn signal lamp.
Violet or purple to the right rear stop turn signal lamp.
Pink to the Left rear stop turn lamp
perhaps this will help..
PS... i almost always have a special circuit tester/test light for working on turn signal circuits... i remove the conventional bulb and use a tubular bulb with terminals on either end.. i usually use a 212-2 dome light bulb.. but you should have various options there with some with pointed caps on the ends.. <==> these usually have enough amp draw to force the turn signal flasher to operate when you probe the connectors..
sorry.. i did not really comprehend exactly what you needed when you posted.. then it came to me.. will the wire colors on the replacement turn signal harness match the truck harness colors that i posted?? i don't know..
|07-23-2016 07:49 AM|
|Too Many Projects||Yesterday, John and I cleaned up the last of the grinding and scraping on the bottom of the Chevelle. It is ready for blasting. Been a long time coming and I'm not looking forward to that job either. I took the quarter windows and hardware out, again, to paint the interior too. The mechanisms got full of blast sand from the first round anyway and need a thorough cleaning.|
|07-22-2016 10:35 PM|
Well damn it, I had a hard night last night, I have been beat all day long and was about to fall asleep on the couch when I forced myself up and out to the garage to put in my five minutes. I was able to finish off the rest of the wheel opening moulding I started the other night, whoo hooo!
I found one set of these mouldings on Ebay that had "general dings" over them for a "driver" on sale for $469 so I am thinking I should easily be able to get the money to rebuild my torch regulators so I can get back to work on the truck! I may even end up getting larger tanks for the it too.
|07-22-2016 05:13 PM|
|Too Many Projects||
|This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|