Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Reply to Topic -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior> 49 chevy covering the hole left by the gas tank filler hose.
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

Thread: 49 chevy covering the hole left by the gas tank filler hose. Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
10-03-2012 10:12 AM
DanielC Do what MARTINSR said. If the area had a really deep crown, cut a wedge out of the flat metal, weld it back together, and then finish the crown.
10-03-2012 10:07 AM
One Month Wonder Thanks for the input, just the info I was looking for. I'll post a photo of the process of it in my journal.
10-03-2012 09:36 AM
MARTINSR It's such a small piece fabbing something like that does't get any easier than this one. Get your feet wet fabricating, this is the perfect start!

10-03-2012 07:22 AM
battery sawsall

Go to a pick your part and cut out a piece above the hole and you will have minimum hammer work , My son calls it cut and paste custom work.
10-03-2012 07:19 AM
swvalcon If you have a peice of pipe about the size of the gas filler hole. Set your tin for your patch over the top end of the pipe. Now you can hammer a crown both way in your patch using the pipe end for support.
10-02-2012 02:31 PM
One Month Wonder
49 chevy covering the hole left by the gas tank filler hose.

I have a 1949 chevy pickup. I've moved the gas tank out of the cab and under the bed. I was hoping there would be a 'patch panel' piece that I could get to weld over the hole left by fill tube that used to stick out of the cab. Any suggestions on the easiest way to do this? If I have to fabricate the piece it's going to be a pain in the butt cuz it's curved in both directions, up and down AND sideways.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.


Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.