Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Reply to Topic
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic> The Snow Man Arrested for sexual assault??
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Thread: The Snow Man Arrested for sexual assault?? Reply to Thread
Title:
  
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
11-22-2012 09:17 AM
tech69
Quote:
Originally Posted by malc View Post
what I find funny is that the writer thinks statistics need to be truthful and blunt, but here in America, we can't look at one fact about racial statistics with any honesty unless it makes white people look bad. That's the honest to god truth. There's no mending issues if you can't face it with honesty and so the political correctness is actually HINDERING progress of society.
11-22-2012 09:12 AM
MARTINSR Henry, you thought I was serious in my comments, I was joking, there was never a case more solid without any doubt what so ever than OJ's that piece of scum killed those people. Anyone who was up on that trial knows this, it is ludicrous for someone to say they did it, they must be so out of touch it isn't funny. Take claim to some unsolved murder, these are SOLVED, OJ did it.

On the race issue, it was SICK what they did. Race had NOTHING to do with it, other than race is a factor in the DNA evidence, that is all race had to do with it.

Brian
11-22-2012 09:08 AM
tech69
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Did you hear about the dipwad who is claiming he killed them. Guess he went and planted dna evidence in OJ"s car and glove behind his house, cut OJ's hand and stole some blood to leave at the scene.


Brian
Martin, don't forget how there was a mixture of his blood and Nicole's in his car's carpet, and if you saw the crimescene how it could the killer have not stepped in blood? Don't forget about the freshly worn socks with Nicole's blood. I never knew how powerful racebaiting could be til OJ was set free.
11-22-2012 08:13 AM
MyName1sMud That's sick if true
11-22-2012 08:08 AM
MARTINSR That is too disturbing to read, got a little bit at first and that is enough. Honestly, what is reading it good for? It's disgusting and disturbing and isn't a damn thing I can do about it, or learn from it other than to bring me down so I didn't read any further.

Brian
11-21-2012 01:53 PM
malc Read this, very disturbing.
11-20-2012 04:00 PM
MARTINSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by against all odds View Post
i'd like to delve back into the psychology of abuse;

Why would someone like G.S.--if he did do it/sandusky etc. do something like this?

a) If you have a lot of money and/or status why risk it?

b) If you have certain urges, there are ways to divert or suppress them. For example we all love money, but most of us will not rob a bank---even if the risk of getting caught is low.

c) i'm not sure why, if one was abused themselves, why this would cause them to repeat the process?

Do you know of any links that discuss the psychology of these adverse actions? Perhaps by learning more about it we could possibly prevent it in the future? In fact, i think we need to make this a top priority in society.
There are thousands of sites discussing this I would think, do some google searches. It is all way to complex of a subject to look for any answers realistically.

Basically, the mind is very complex and makes people do things that others with a normally functioning mind can't imagine.

Why isn't it top priority? Because it doesn't happen to enough people to start a revolt.

Brian
11-20-2012 03:58 PM
MARTINSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 632Mantis View Post
O.J. Simpson comes to mind.

Did you hear about the dipwad who is claiming he killed them. Guess he went and planted dna evidence in OJ"s car and glove behind his house, cut OJ's hand and stole some blood to leave at the scene.


Brian
11-20-2012 03:30 PM
against all odds i'd like to delve back into the psychology of abuse;

Why would someone like G.S.--if he did do it/sandusky etc. do something like this?

a) If you have a lot of money and/or status why risk it?

b) If you have certain urges, there are ways to divert or suppress them. For example we all love money, but most of us will not rob a bank---even if the risk of getting caught is low.

c) i'm not sure why, if one was abused themselves, why this would cause them to repeat the process?

Do you know of any links that discuss the psychology of these adverse actions? Perhaps by learning more about it we could possibly prevent it in the future? In fact, i think we need to make this a top priority in society.
11-17-2012 02:42 PM
632Mantis
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentpoet View Post
Just because a man may be a hero, it does not mean he is a role model. Look at tons of athletes and actors.

O.J. Simpson comes to mind.

11-15-2012 12:55 PM
Bad Rat
Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62 View Post
I wonder why....its only been 6 friggin years.........
Nothing like digging up OLD trash and all its odors,,,
11-10-2012 01:34 PM
geezer69
Quote:
Originally Posted by malc View Post
Never thought IŽd read about vigilante "justice" in the UK.
i liked that story. i have no prolem with what happened. i do believe some of those guys "Knew what was up or it never woulda happened. thats all i would need. one of my kids comin to me and telliun me. thats proof enough for me but i know my kids too so id dang sure believe em.
11-10-2012 10:51 AM
malc Never thought IŽd read about vigilante "justice" in the UK.
11-10-2012 09:30 AM
MARTINSR And by the way, that point I made about the manipulator tossing out bait? A discussion like this is a PERFECT place for him to toss out bait. He tosses out bait to see how the other person reacts to this subject! It is the perfect place to "test the waters" and see if you are "his kind" and you can hook up, be it finding a victim or finding a fellow molester whom he can swap stories or skills.

I know this because I had it happen to me in person. Long story but I was a kid about 14 and one of my friends brought me over to an old guys house in his neighborhood who was "cool". This guy had a few teenage boys living there. He had a kick butt stereo, litterally the whole wall was speakers and stereo equipement. Now someone who grew up in the 90's or 2000's wouldn't understand but in 1972 this would have been a big deal, this guy WAS "cool". He dropped "bait" that were red flags to me, I never went back. The "bait" was things that a teenager thinks about sex, and this guy was SOOO "cool" that he was "with you" and said these things like he was a "bud". It was a red flag to me, but others, that bait is taken. Now fast forward 20 years later and I have my body shop, this guy comes in for me to work on his car! He dropped some bait talking as we are talking now about some molester who was arrested! It was a HUGE red flag for me at that point in my life and he saw this and never said another word, he barely finished the sentence in fact. I happened to be friends with a few cops in town and discussed this with one of them. He then told me that this guy HAD been on their radar for YEARS! What he did wasn't forcibly molesting boys, he found boys who were fighting with (or had accepted) their sexuality and were gay. He gave them what they wanted in male friendship, compassion and intimacy. So they weren't there against their will, and the cops could do nothing about it.
There was another guy in town who owned a record store, he always had these young boys working for him and one day I found out that he had been a teacher who was fired over allegations. Where they just "hear say"? I guess, but in standing back and looking at the big picture and how he interacted with the boys in his store it was damn obvious to me after I took off my shades and could see!

This is MUCH more complicated than one thinks, until you start understanding it a little more.

Brian
11-10-2012 09:01 AM
MARTINSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Furgal View Post
see, HERE , I have an issue..
in todays world.. YOU BETTER BE DAM SURE you can PROVE what you say..
cause if my life was turned upside down and inside out because of what you "thought" you saw. I'd own everything of the ones acusing ..
there IS a reason cops wait untill they have enough proof.
I think it's sick... all of it.. but whats sicker is the ones that claim stuff happened but are only along for the gravytrain.. payout..
no one says boo, and then there are 15 that come out of the woodwork..
or in the priest case thousands.. come on..
we live in a land that doesn't really shelter children, by 8 or9 they know. if this type actions are wrong.. this waiting 25-30 years.. has got to stop..
I feel for thoe that this happens to.. but at the sametime it's to easy to make a claim and distroy a person. and not have to prove a thing..
just get a laywer to get some more to come forward..

those that do pray on children should rot in jail.. or death.. but I'm sorry, jailing people over hearsay.. I can't go along with.. if they are guilty as sin and you waited to long, to bad.. I also think in the cases of child diddlers and rape both parties should have to take a polygraph. the one claiming it. and tho. some say over time a person can make themselves believe it happened even if it didn't, the one being accused won't .. if they agree to a ploy and pass the courts should be able to take that into account.. the court of law was for justice, not to see what lawyer or lawyer team is better at chess..
Of course I would act to the level of what I was seeing, I'm not going to bust someone's skull open on a "hunch", but I am going to confront them on a "hunch" understand?

Sandusky was seen NAKED in the shower "wrestling" with a NAKED boy. I would say that is enough reason to slam someones head! If you are that much of a social illiterate you MUST be removed from any position like that. Let me put it his way, that scandal and what has came forth about what others had seen and knew is damn near destroying that college. It isn't some little hear say.

"hersay" is USUALLY a heck of a lot more than one person simply saying "he touched me". The victim is interviewed by doctors and this statement is much more than just taken as words, it is a big picture the doctors are looking for. Things have to fall into place with all the "evidence" making a puzzle until it is complete. Sure there are mistakes like in other investigations. But it is much more than just some guy pointing a finger and some innocent man going to jail.

On your waiting 30 years and every kid at 9 knows, you are very seriously lacking in an understanding of what power someone who manipulates others has. And I am happy for you that you don't have a clue, I truly am, I am happy for you. The manipulator has skills in literally MAKING you think what he or she wants you to think. You have seen Star Wars "These are not the Droids you are looking for", JUST like that, only it takes longer, they MANIPULATE, that is why they are called "Manipulators".

ma·nip·u·late/məˈnipyəˌlāt/
Verb:
Handle or control (a tool, mechanism, etc.), typically in a skillful manner: "he manipulated the dials".
Alter, edit, or move (text or data) on a computer.

They take even the knowing and "alter, edit or move" the thinking of the victim.

I have been manipulated as an adult businessman was manipulated in a con to get his car done for free, and it WORKED. I can't explain the whole thing but this guy left me so whacked out it wasn't until the middle of the next day that I STARTED to understand what had happened.

"These aren't the Droids you're looking for" is an under statement, this guy made me do what he wanted me to do as skillfully as I had repaired his car. He is a PROFESSIONAL manipulator. And I soon found out with some detective work that this was his life, he lived every day manipulating everyone he came in contact with no matter how small or large, this was his life.

The person standing on the outside says "What a moron to fall for that", but they haven't a clue, just like the person who has never repaired a car in their life wouldn't believe I could pull the bed off their 2000 Chevy pickup and change the welded on bed side before lunch, the person who has never been exposed to a master manipulator can't believe that someone could "fall" for their lies.
I know one thing I will never knock the poor victim of a "pigeon drop" scheme. Pigeon drop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Or Police Warn of Pigeon Drop Schemes and Distraction Thefts Who would be so dumb one would ask? Someone who hasn't ran into or isn't susceptible to the manipulators ways.

The manipulator tosses out bait, little tiny pieces of bait to see if he has a victim, these pieces of bait are totally harmless on their own, you wouldn't think a thing of them. When that piece of bait works for him, he tosses another, again, on it's own, it is nothing and you wouldn't think a thing, he then tosses another, and another until he has planted seeds in your mind, and he has proven to himself that he can go to another step with you, that you are "safe" and he can move on to the next step. Psychological manipulation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


The mind is a very complex thing, what makes someone shut down and suppress bad memories, or "allow" such a horrendous thing to go on for years, many of these kids are abused for YEARS. You are going to have to delve deep into the study of mental health if you want to understand these things.

Someone standing on the outside looking in says "What a dummy to fall for that", it is pretty friggin obvious when you are standing on the outside looking in. Kind of like installing that quarter panel on a Chevy pickup, the owner of that truck who can't turn a wrench would sit there in a chair with a cup of coffee and watch me do it and then say "I didn't realize it was so easy".

Brian
This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.