Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Reply to Topic -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools> Cylinder Hone Tools/Brushes
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

Thread: Cylinder Hone Tools/Brushes Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
11-27-2012 08:46 PM
302 Z28 Those are really called glaze breakers at least that is what we called them years ago. FWIW do not use motor oil with them. Motor oil will clog the surface of the stones. We used to use Varsol or some other thin solvent and got great results. Place a tub under the block and flood the cylinder with Varsol as your working the tool up and down.

11-27-2012 05:41 PM
charger1 I bought one from this site (Welcome To i went with the 240 grit,& the hone should be the same size as the cylinder bore.
11-27-2012 02:08 PM
ChevroletSS Does anyone know what grit I should use. My cylinder walls are in great shape I just want to re establish the cross hatch to where it looks new. Also my cylinders are 4 inch so should I use a 4 inch or one just a tad bigger. All I could find was a 120 grit 4 inch and a 120 grit 4.125 inch. They have bigger but I would think one of those would be what I need.
11-27-2012 02:02 PM
ChevroletSS I couold not find anything from flexhone so I thought I would ask and find out.

Thanks guys
11-27-2012 10:23 AM
engineczar BRM, Cylinder Block Flex Hone, 4"- 4-1/2"-Competition Products
11-27-2012 10:05 AM
Cylinder Hone Tools/Brushes

Here is Flex-Hone website. Flex Hones, Flexible Honing, Flex-HoneŽ. Sears also carries Flex-Hone products. Flex Hone from
11-27-2012 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by ChevroletSS View Post
Does anyone know where to find a 4" brush like the one flexhone makes for sale. Im wanting to refinish my cylinder walls.
How about buying one from Flexhone?
11-27-2012 08:46 AM GOODSON : Engine Building Tools and Supplies
11-27-2012 08:39 AM
vinniekq2 Snap on?mac the big auto parts suppliers especially industrial
11-27-2012 07:55 AM
Cylinder Hone Tools/Brushes

Does anyone know where to find a 4" brush like the one flexhone makes for sale. Im wanting to refinish my cylinder walls.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.