Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Reply to Topic -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering> Remote brake reservoir
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

Thread: Remote brake reservoir Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
12-05-2012 05:07 AM
Jackmite There are several vetch style as well as caps. post a pic of the kind of you have should you have a specific need to have. Most caps can't be converted as it doesn't seal well and are vented, you might need to make one. Be sure any parts you employ are brake liquid tolerant
12-03-2012 08:13 AM
boggie I was thinking along the same lines, but needed to know if anyone had tried this and what would work best.
Looks like it will work, simple and quick to build.
Thanks again for the reply. Boggie
11-30-2012 11:20 AM
sedanbob The cover for the master cylinder is just a block of aluminum, about 3/8" thick, with a brass fitting tapped into the top. The hold downs for mine (single bale) is two "j" bolts that hook into the master where the spring bale did. If yours is the double bale, you would just have twice as many j bolts. The gasket is a flat piece of rubber 1/8" thick that has one large single hole that spans both chambers. The hose could just be a flexible brake hose (so it's impervious to brake fluid), and the reservoir could be fancy or plain - lots of modern cars use a plastic reservoir.
11-30-2012 11:03 AM
ogre there are many vette style mc and caps. post a pic of the type of mc you have if you have a specific need.
most caps cannot be converted as they don't seal well and are vented, you would need to make one.
make sure any parts you use are brake fluid tolerant, no rubber or rtv
the link sedanbob posted would be easy to make with a chunk of aluminum, a brass fitting and a reservoir.
i was able to convert my ford mc into a remote reservoir using junk yard parts and teflon hose.

11-30-2012 08:54 AM

I have seen this but i was going to make my own as it is very easy to make and also save $150.
Just do not know how to attach hose through rubber seal.

Thanks for the reply , boggie
11-29-2012 11:40 AM
sedanbob Here's a link to a place selling remote reservoirs and the lids for the master - they have several styles. Streetrod Stuff - Brake System - PRC Remote Master Cylinder Reservoir
11-29-2012 09:36 AM
Remote brake reservoir

Need a little help on making a remote brake reservoir filler cap. [vette style cap] Can not find one to buy, do not know how to go through seal on cap.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.