Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Reply to Topic -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend> 700r4
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

Thread: 700r4 Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
01-07-2013 03:54 PM
rick 427 You can take a large fine flat file and lightly go across the entire trans case where the valve body bolts on,and knock any high spots down.Don't focus on 1 area,go across the whole thing evenly....brake clean and blow dry when done...and the groove in the case webbing:as long as it doesn't go from 1 channel all the way thru to the 1 next to it,then it will be ok. If the seperator plate got beat up from the checkball,then it will have to be replaced.
01-07-2013 03:01 PM
jamesa It is a 1989. The groove is on the webbing or channel of the transmission itself. Under the separator plate. Where the check ball goes there is a rounded out place and it looks like it slammed itself so hard inside the hole that aluminum is sticking up and the spot is enlarged.
01-07-2013 02:13 PM
rick 427 What year trans is it??...And this worn groove, is it in a round hole in the seperator plate [where the checkball looks like it's trying to pop thru],or is it a grooved channel from 1 hole to another?
01-07-2013 04:28 AM

I have a worn groove where my check balls go under the valve body. I am unsure if this will hurt the transmission or not. Looks like it should be smooth and insteadit has large gagged part sticking up.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.