Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Reply to Topic -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine> mounts
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

Thread: mounts Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
01-26-2013 07:45 AM
Mustang II suspension.

There are kits to cut out the spring.shock tower, and replace with a flat stiffener plate,and install a Mustang II type design suspension with better geometry than the Falcoln based 65 design. that will give you enough room, and you will not have to look for the 67 FE Mustang. exhaust manifolds. When they installed The Fe engines in the 67's, usually the exhaust manifolds put a big gouge down the firewall. In the factory it was a 3 man job, one man on top each side and one guy in the pit under the assembly line guiding the tail shaft. I would Make a sub frame kit for the 65, similar to what you can buy for the 79 and later Mustangs, Go for the ladder type with a tube under the rockers as well ad the ones under the seats front to back. . I made mine. The 65-66 mustangs with the K high performance engines used thicker guage Convertible part number rocker panels. K engine cars also had more welds, A Fe is heavier and more horse power will put more stress on the body shell. Convertibles also have a curved inner rocker panel reinforcement with a flat plate between the inner and outer rockers. a box section reinforcement under the front seats and a bolt in 1/4 in thick tie plate to tie them together. You can use cross pieces in that area from your sub frame inner rails to tie it together, I would bird cage the front structure with tubing, tubing box at the radiator support, along the top of the inner fender panels then use the Mont carlo type bracing fire wall to mid point of the side walls close to where the shock towers were, then the side to side top brace. ( ps I was an engineer at Ford during those years ) and you will also want to change to a 9 in rear end.
01-26-2013 12:23 AM

Read some of the post on this forum. It looks like major modifications to get the 428 to fit. Will a 428 fit in a 1965-67 Mustang? -
01-25-2013 10:21 PM

ibought a 65 mustang it had a 289 in it so just to say i had a big block 428 wanted in the car bad sunk al kinds o money in this project now im having troble finding the fram mounts iv tried three different kinds and nothing wants to line up to get bolted up any help please thinking going back to little low hp block dont want my heart broke thor i ned help please any one have this problem befor

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.