Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Reply to Topic -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior> Filling the top of my 34 Chevy sedan??
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

Thread: Filling the top of my 34 Chevy sedan?? Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
02-08-2013 07:28 PM
496CHEVY3100 I replaced insert in roof of a 34 chevy sedan ,i used a chevy surburban roof panet cut to fit it has reinforcement ribs and cross ribs ,cut the side ribs long so they attach to side panel and roll down sides makes much stronger no flex , a freind replaced his with flat sheeetmetal ,did not work to well flexed made noises ,,oil cannin, not a good choice. hope this helps you.
02-08-2013 05:17 PM If you want deep ribs, try a mid eighties Dodge van. Used one, upside down on a 29 sedan and looked great. Also some GM Astro vans are good donors. Some have skylite embossments in them tho..
02-08-2013 09:14 AM
swvalcon I did a 34 chev coupe for a guy a couple years ago and I know he welded in a roof sectoin from some olds wagon. I still had mud from one side to the other before I was done with it.
02-08-2013 08:30 AM
33Willys77 It all depends on the ribs you want, if any. I really like the '63 Plymouth wagon roofs. Small inward grooves just down the middle. Those are not easy to come by though.
02-06-2013 08:17 PM
TucsonJay One of my customers is building a '34 Chevy delivery for a customer. He will be back in a few days, and I'll ask if he knows what they used. The ribs seem a great length and width for the car.
02-06-2013 08:10 PM
Filling the top of my 34 Chevy sedan??

I have a '34 four door Chevy sedan. I've heard that certain station wagons' tops can be used to fill the roof of my car...wondering if anyone has had any luck or experience with that and if so what year and make and model was used

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.