Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Reply to Topic -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend> 4R70W experts-what is this clip?
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

Thread: 4R70W experts-what is this clip? Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
04-14-2013 05:42 PM
Arrowhead Thanks, that's a huge help. I did some more digging (now I know what it's called) and found this TSB that shows were it goes in the case.

I couldn't believe that flimsy little clip would come from inside a trans, I was racking my brain trying to find where it came from. The good news is I don't have to take any more apart than I already have. The only tricky part now is getting the OD piston back in.
04-14-2013 04:31 PM
Crosley see if this helps

04-14-2013 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by Arrowhead View Post
Ok thanks, that helps a lot. At least now I know it belongs in there, now I just need to figure out how and where.
looking for photo / pic in my books.. it installs different angle than you would think.

flat side is against the steel plates edge.. curved humped side is against case.

The folded over ''tail'' end goes away from piston
04-14-2013 04:20 PM
Arrowhead Ok thanks, that helps a lot. At least now I know it belongs in there, now I just need to figure out how and where.
04-14-2013 04:15 PM
Crosley Anti rattle clip for the intermediate clutch pack.
04-14-2013 02:32 PM
4R70W experts-what is this clip?

Long story short, I pulled the pump out to replace the gaskets and seals. It's a 4R70W from an '02 Mustang GT. When I pulled the pump off, some of the packs became misaligned. So I was trying to jiggle everything back into place and this clip popped out:

Any idea what it is? Pretty sure it came from inside the transmission, but I can't find it in the manual anywhere. I already pull the trans from the car and pulled off the valve body and over drive piston so I can get the stack aligned properly, but no sign of where this clip came from.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.