Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Reply to Topic -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior> gasket material for accessories
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

Thread: gasket material for accessories Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
04-15-2013 04:04 PM
jims48 Thanks everyone for the replies. From the info you gave me, I will find something that should work.. I will post back what I find and use.
04-15-2013 12:22 PM
oldBodyman or you could just stop at a local body shop and see if they have an old ABS (black plastic) fender liner. Cuts, shapes and forms well and won't look like the photo you posted in a few years
04-15-2013 11:06 AM
Irelands child For about two - three bucks +/-, go to Walmart or similar and buy a bike tube. I used one for the seals under my mirrors.
04-15-2013 10:20 AM
cyclopsblown34 Check out any rubber supply or conveyor belt companies. We keep all different thicknesses in tan or black in Kansas City.
04-15-2013 09:35 AM
MARTINSR My local hardware store has a pretty good selection of rubber, foam and cork material all the way to two feet wide or so on rolls that you just cut off what you need. My boss cleaned out a cabinet at work and tossed out a bunch of stuff and in it was a nice roll of 2" wide rubber for stuff like that, I didn't let it get away.

04-14-2013 03:18 PM
sedanbob Check for a local rubber supply house. One near me has a variety of thicknesses and densities. It can be trimmed with a utility knife, and holes punched easily with leather punches. I used 1/8" thick strips to replace the webbing between my chassis and body, with a dab of silicone under it to keep it in place as I mounted the body.
04-14-2013 01:41 PM
69 widetrack Any automotive supply store should have gasket material in whatever thickness you need. They would have different types of gasket material from paper to cork and have seen a synthetic type of material that does look like rubber. They are sold in various sizes of sheets and sold separately. You could use your existing gasket as a template to make a new one. If the old gasket is far gone, use the spotlight mounting bracket to make as a template for the gasket.

Hope this helps.

04-14-2013 01:33 PM
gasket material for accessories

I have spotlights on the front windshield pillars. Both the rubber gaskets are worn badly. I searched on the web for replacements and couldn't find any. I was wondering whether anyone knew of gasket material that would work and where to get it.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.