Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Reply to Topic -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior> Rust treat inside frame
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

Thread: Rust treat inside frame Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
06-02-2004 10:56 PM
Kramer123 THX for the replies. I now have acccess to a spray gun with an extension. I hope it works. I'll do the work sometime in the next coupla weeks.
06-02-2004 10:10 AM
BarryK Of course something like this dipping would be the best method
but what I have seen done that may be an alternative if on a budget.
Shutz guns (aka - undercoating guns) are available with wand kits.
Whole setup May be $40-75. depending on kit.
I have seen shops shoot acid into the frame and let set about 5-10 minutes than flush with a hose and at that point when blowed out and dry, shoot whatever you want through the undercoating gun from epoxy to por or rubberized undercoating.
Of couses this is allways hit or miss when you can't see what your doing.
Some wand kits come with side holes on end this will get you in the tight places with the acid and last coating applied.
06-02-2004 08:01 AM
06-02-2004 07:35 AM
Rust treat inside frame

I was wonderibng if anyone knows of a method to get a rust treatment inside the hollow frame members. The insides of mine on my 67 Charger are pretty rusty as I have sprayed a water hose in there and lots of loose rust has fallen out. I therefore want to spray Por-15 inside it to do what I can to slow the deteriooration of what metal is left. I was thinking that maybe a bug sprayer bottle could be used but maybe I would have to thin the paint. I have a small pancake compressor but no paint gun as yet. do paint guns have nozzle extensions available? There are various factory holes in the square tubing that I can get a sprayer nozzle in to spray or squirt the paint. What do yall think. TIA for any responses.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.