Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Reply to Topic -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior> Shaker/Scoop
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

Thread: Shaker/Scoop Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
06-30-2004 05:02 PM
mustangdude947 Thats sweet, thank you much!
06-29-2004 07:54 PM
KULTULZ It was standard equipment on the 83/85 MUST/CAPRI 5.0L manual. The air cleaner is still available take-off from Perogies. I don't know about the ducting. It would be best to find a donor and pull everything.
06-29-2004 05:03 PM
mustangdude947 Yeah, that would be great! Where can I get one of those
06-29-2004 03:08 AM
KULTULZ See the two plastic scoops on either side? They go into the wheel well area through the apron to draw fresh air.
06-28-2004 05:42 PM
mustangdude947 Where does that get air from?
06-27-2004 11:12 PM
KULTULZ Something like this?

06-27-2004 08:58 PM
mustangdude947 Yeah, I'm looking for anything that "scoops" air but doesn't require removing anything essential to street driving. Also, it has to be functional... I don't want to waste my money for aesthetics.
06-27-2004 05:47 PM
Do you know if there are any cheaper alternatives?
Not really. NOS or takeoffs are expensive and becoming scarce. Would you be interested in a twin-inlet type of breather.
06-27-2004 03:17 PM
mustangdude947 Thats great,
Thanks for the site!

Do you know if there are any cheaper alternatives?
06-27-2004 02:53 PM

If you want a SHELBY look-a-like, they are made. The SHELBY hood will not work on a regular MUSTANG.

You could then use the non-shaker RAM-AIR intake from say a 428CJ MUSTANG.
06-27-2004 02:10 PM
BarryK They make similer hoods in carbon fiber. Since the odds you you finding a used hood that you could cut the scoop out is almost nil.
Check with "Year one" for a hood. They have all kinds, that where we got the hood for the one going on cover of Hot rod in August.
06-27-2004 02:02 PM
Here is something what I want, but I have no idea how to do it... I was wondering if a hood from a 67 Shelby would work...
06-27-2004 11:48 AM
BarryK Its a simple job but a job that can crack or give you more paint bubbling than you can dream of if done wrong.
I have done 100's over the years and if you find one post a picture and I will give you step by step instructions.
06-26-2004 10:14 PM
mustangdude947 Alright, thanks... I'll look
06-26-2004 05:41 PM
Meka WEll im not sure but i bet there are companys that sell a shaker for your hood. Infact on hot rod televison they instaled one on the black mustang on there.
This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.