Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Reply to Topic -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Electrical> Temp sending unit
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

Thread: Temp sending unit Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
10-27-2004 12:46 PM

Doc here

If you use an adapter (which is perfectly fine) Assuming the new sender is SMALLER in diameter than the one you have now...

Be Sure that when the sender "bottoms out" in the adapter that the bourdon Tube Extends PAST the adapter into the water stream in the block. Otherwise it may be grossly in error , as much as 30 to 50 degrees...(moving water is hotter than static water..)

Another way to go is, use the stock sender If it's resistance compatible with the gauge,(around 70 to 100 ohms I think) and just abandon one of the wires at the gauge...You COULD use the other tap for an electric fan if you have one, or plan a future one, The data will be the same off either pin.

Hope it helps!

10-26-2004 07:21 PM
GMac thank you i gotta go back out there and do somemore work...have a good night
10-26-2004 07:19 PM
poncho62 Good to know you....and welcome.
10-26-2004 07:18 PM
GMac i work in the woodbridge store, I'm closer to newmarket though
10-26-2004 07:16 PM
poncho62 Where you at?......I am in Georgetown
10-26-2004 07:14 PM
GMac that works well, I work at ctc. I'll see what happens...thanks for the quick replies!
10-26-2004 07:13 PM
poncho62 UAP, CTC........any auto parts place. Take both senders in and say you want to put this sender in this size hole. They will fix you up.
10-26-2004 07:11 PM
GMac where would I find one of those??
10-26-2004 07:10 PM
poncho62 Get an adapter......................
10-26-2004 07:09 PM
GMac thought of it .....different size
10-26-2004 07:07 PM
poncho62 Take the sensor out of the 2.8 and put it in the 350....................
10-26-2004 06:56 PM
Temp sending unit

Hi, we are putting a 350 in a 1984 blazer (orig. 2.8L) and the temp sensor on the 2.8 used a 2 prong connection. The 350 sensor uses a 1 prong sending unit. We wish to retain stock guages if possible. Is there any way to make the two prong guage and one prong unit work together?

Thanks for the help!

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.