Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Reply to Topic -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools> Looking for a table...
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

Thread: Looking for a table... Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
11-21-2004 02:39 PM
iiibdsiil I like the first one, I might need to give them a call.

The second place is way too expensive for me.

I had my dad build me one, not really what I wanted, but it should suffice for now. I will try to take pictures later this week.
11-17-2004 09:26 PM
fourbyfourblazer I discovered this site that may have what you are looking for.

Transmission Repair Drain Table

11-12-2004 09:47 PM
iiibdsiil Thanks guys for the assistance. I am still not finding what I am looking for, but if I can find my digicam, I will snap a pic to see if that is of any assistance.

I am going the search for a manufactor name on the one we have, see if I can find anything from that.

I'm not the fabricator type. It seems like anything I try to build always flops, so, building one is definitely out of the question.
11-12-2004 08:12 PM
Price yeah

Owwwwww..think I woudl make something for this job..lots of good ideas came up..

Buying stuff like this leaves nothing for hot rod parts..

11-12-2004 07:57 PM
rick1956 Here ya need something like this:

Oh yeah...the price...dang.
11-12-2004 11:41 AM
Beenaway2long Why not use a piece of 16 ga. sheetmetal with sides turned up and corners welded. Have the fabricator "X" the bottom. Weld pipe flanges in the corners for legs(Or drill/silicone). Weld a bung in the center of the X, drill, and install a ball valve. Done. 16 ga. should be plenty, considering the side would be under 24x36 or so. I would guess your cost would be less than $100.

(Or use 6" pipe nipples and set it on your regular bench, so its not in the way all the time)
11-12-2004 11:02 AM
Kevin45 OK...I looked all thru the Grainger catalog and could not really come up with a table unless the top was flipped. Most of the tables in their catalog though come from Edsal. So you may want to check this site Clicky and scroll down until you find the tables and see if any of those would suit your needs. The only other thing that would come into mind would be a table like is used in a cafeteria at schools for washing dishes. If I remember right some of those had a drain area in the corner where you would scrape food off into. So a site that has industrial dishwashing supplies might have something or maybe a site that has to do with butchering. Of course those tables would be stainless steel and I imagine rather expensive. If you have some HVAC places in your area you could get a piece of metal bent up on all four sides and then weld the corners. You could have any size made you want and it would not be that bad pricewise. Then all you would have to do is order some industrial bench legs which are around $55 in the Grainger catalog. Just a few options to look at. Keep us posted.

11-12-2004 11:01 AM
MI2600 You can always build one for twice the cost that will be half as good.

-My Philosophy
11-12-2004 09:47 AM
Nightfire If you buy one at least you know it's level and straight. If you make your own there is potential room for error and the table might not come out level.....this would be the case with my egnineering skills

11-12-2004 08:07 AM
iiibdsiil Thank you. If you want, I can draw one up in paint, if that will help.
11-12-2004 02:24 AM
Kevin45 I have a catalog in the garage. I'll look thru it later when I get home from work and if I find it will scan it and send it your way.
11-11-2004 07:59 PM
iiibdsiil I spent like 45 min on the website before I posted this

Allegedly it is in the Grainger catalog, so, I need to look through a copy and find it.

And it is supposed to be about $120, so, having one built probably wouldn't be cost effective when I factor in the time and engergy, to end up with something that probably won't be any better than what I could have bought.

Now I just have to get a copy of the catalog, or give them a call when I am 100% ready to purchase.
11-11-2004 02:19 AM
Kevin45 Try this....

Or you could call Grainger, explain to them what you are after and they could help you out.

For the money, why not just build your own? Probably would be considerable savings.

11-10-2004 06:54 PM
Shop Table

that sort of thing one would make for oneself..should be a sheet metal shop around your area that could bend up a box to your dimesions and you can make some legs and frame to support the table..that is what I would do..In fact I could use something like that for my parts cleaning and such..

Make it big and sturdy enough to put a tranny or something of that size on the table..

See if there is an outfit that builds commercial kitchens in your area..they can make a stainless top that could fit your needs..

Good idea you have here..
11-10-2004 06:27 PM
Looking for a table...

Okay guys, I am looking for a table for my shop.

Basically, what I want is a metal table, that will like a 3 inch lip all the way around, that I can ship up on 3 corners, and drill a hole in the lower corner, so I can tear transmissions and whatever else that will be liquidy, so all the fluid runs out the hole and into a bucket.

We have one at work, dealership, and apparently Grainger has them, but I am unable to find on their website.

If you need me to draw a picture, I could try, but I am hoping someone will have an idea what I am talking about.

Also, by 3 inch lip, I mean basically a 3 inch wall all the way around, not a recess. And all the way around means the 2 short sides, and only one long side.

Thanks in advance.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.