Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Reply to Topic -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior> Looking for material to change my interior wood grain to another style
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

Thread: Looking for material to change my interior wood grain to another style Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
03-05-2005 05:10 PM
66Caprice Click Here
03-04-2005 10:00 AM
FlipperFish I wasn't paying avery link was supplied in the very first post.

03-03-2005 07:36 PM
kristkustoms That wouldnt matter for you...

Punched means the edges of the rolls have a punched edge. These holes allow the film to be fed through a plotting cutter. Remember the old dot-matrix printer paper that fed through printers in one long sheet and you tore it off at the perforations? Its used just like that to feed it into the plotters.
03-03-2005 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by kristkustoms
What do they mean by punched or unpunched? Which type is the right type to get for dash panels (like in a 66 with mostly flat panels)?


03-03-2005 01:04 PM
Beenaway2long At any sign shop that does vinyl signs.
Maybe another is, but I don't think they do wood grain.

Avery options:
Cheyenne Teak
Bravo Burl

An EASIER way, is to research faux finishes at Home Depot and do it in paint. Saw it Garlits Museum for an old Ford Dash. Looked pretty realistic.
03-03-2005 09:34 AM
FlipperFish Where do I find Avery products?
03-03-2005 12:19 AM
pzatchok Avery makes a great product.

I just used a Mahogony of theirs to do a "woody". A hair drier will work to soften up the material enough to stretch it a bit around bends.

Practice on some similar parts to get the feel for just how much it will stretch. Work slow and have patience. If it takes a bit longer than you think it should then your doing somthing right.

I have tried out 'doller general' shelving film and found it stretches good also. Though the Avery products seem to have a far better glue.

I'll post a few picks this week end.
02-28-2005 08:45 PM
FlipperFish Thanks, I'll check it out
02-28-2005 07:34 PM

Good luck forming it around corners though...
02-28-2005 10:37 AM
Looking for material to change my interior wood grain to another style

I am looking for some material to recover some pieces of my interior, which are already a faux wood grain, to another style.

Presently, I have a dark, oak like look on the door panels, and I desire to go with a lighter, maple look.

Any retailers selling a product like this? It needs to go around some tight surfaces, too.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.