Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Reply to Topic -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend> Auto tranny for 392 Hemi
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

Thread: Auto tranny for 392 Hemi Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
03-23-2002 02:32 PM
Centerline Wilcap makes an excellent product. I'm using one of their adaptors for a Th-350/400 on a Chrysler 331 I'm installing in a 53 Chevy pickup.

You can order the adaptor with left or right side starter depending on your needs and they also come with the flex plate.

[ March 23, 2002: Message edited by: Centerline ]

[ March 23, 2002: Message edited by: Centerline ]</p>
03-23-2002 11:56 AM
Studebaker Contact "WILCAP" engineering or Capanna Co. They have internet sites. The make the Adapter for Chrysler 727 or GM Powerglide, turbo350/400, 700r4 and I think the adapter is about $375.00.
They also sell a oil filter adapter that is a must with this engine (392) in a 32 Ford Frame or you can make one from a oil filter flange off a Ford 360/390 engine. GOOD LUCK!
03-23-2002 10:40 AM
Auto tranny for 392 Hemi

I am installing a 392 Hemi in a 32 Ford Coupe. I would like to use an automatic transmission. I know that a 727 torque flight will work, but I have been told that there is an adapter plat that will allow the use of a turbo 400 has any one done this? Do you know were I can buy the plate? How does it work well? Will it fit in a Downs Body with a 3" recessed fire wall with the K member in the standard position?

Tahnks for your help !!!!

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.