Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Reply to Topic -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior> fiber glass
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

Thread: fiber glass Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
11-01-2005 04:26 AM
fiber glass

Thanks for all the replys. I knew it was out there. Mr clean, that was spot on. .thanks, jim.
10-31-2005 06:50 PM
mrcleanr6 ahhh!! here you go. just pulled out my mcmaster carr catalog and they have it. you can get sheets in 3' x 5' x 3/16" and its reasonable too. goto the part # is 8549k85. they do have others too. here are a couple more #'s 8537k15 , 8494k11.
10-31-2005 06:40 PM
f glass

Thanks for the replys. the on line store didn't have the size I need. I will continue to look.jim.
10-31-2005 06:19 PM
mrcleanr6 its called pultrusion. thats actually the name of the process of making the stuff but thats usually what its refered to. you would need to goto a plastics supply house and buy it or have them order it. here is one online, they have it available in 1/4".
10-31-2005 05:47 PM

I read in another forum that they are available at Home Depot- something used for showers. Bill
10-31-2005 05:39 PM
fiber glass

Thanks for the reply. some one makes panels. I know the mil has the material.
10-31-2005 02:10 PM
Make those

Those are called flats in the fiberglass trade..make a table with formica top ..wax it up good and then layup your panels as needed..I have looked for that sort of thing and no one I know makes panels like that..Just keep adding material until you get the thickness that you need..

10-31-2005 01:58 PM
fiber glass

I need some flat fiberglass panels. aprox 2'x5'x3/16 thick. where would a person start looking? finished one side, would be good. thanks, jim.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.