Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Reply to Topic -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering> gm residual valve
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

Thread: gm residual valve Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
02-09-2002 02:30 AM
Phat Nope sorry to say you have to bite the bullet and replace it. Try the local dealer also.Sometimes with shipping ,messin around its better to buy that part from a dealer.Its your nut if you get a bad one and have to ship it back.Dont pull it of till you have the new one in hand.Also start soakin the brake lines with PB blaster or? now so you dont break any lines they are a real bear around the proportioning valve if you bust one.I think its metric also ,so.....beware.
02-08-2002 05:24 PM
gm residual valve


I have a 1988 gmc jimmy that i am customizing, and right nwo there is a leak in the brake system in the (as far as i can tell) residual valve.

this is basically what my combination valve looks like u will see that the residual valve is towards teh end there. it has a breather or osm,ething in it that u can see in this drawing <a href="][/URL]
that breather or whatever is wehre it is leaking from. So really my question is, is ther some way to repair this? If not, is it possible to jsut replace that residual vavle and not have to replace the entire proportioning valve/ combination valve (or whatever)

Thanks a lot,

p.s.-sorry for the bad terminology

[ February 08, 2002: Message edited by: oldcarguy85 ]

[ February 08, 2002: Message edited by: oldcarguy85 ]</p>

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.