Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Reply to Topic -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> How can I get Registration for my hot rod?
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

Thread: How can I get Registration for my hot rod? Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
07-09-2006 01:26 PM
Jon Since this question comes up very often, I've set up a central "How Do I Title My Hot Rod" page.

The page is set up in "wiki" format. This means that anyone (including you) can edit the page. You don't even have to log in.

If you have any information on registering/titling hot rods, please add your info to this page: How to Title a Hot Rod.

For more info on the wiki, see this page: Wiki Home Page.
07-04-2006 11:30 PM
modelawoody Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated. Went to a local insurance office today which here in B.C. is a representative of ICBC ( insurance corporation of british columbia ) which in B.C. also serves as the DMV. I explained my situation to an agent there. She told me that all I need is an application for a new VIN and an inspection. Then she asks if I would like an application form. I said, yes please. That's it. I said that's way less painfull then I thought it would be. She replied saying that people building there own vehicles is becoming more widely accepted. Good news for us. modelawoody.
06-19-2006 01:41 PM
tbirdscott The way I had to do it on my zephyr was send a bill of sale (get it from your icbc office) and had the person I purchassed it off of fill it out, I then sent it down to victoria with a cheque for $7 or something and they did a title search, they were unable to find any information on the vehicle so they sentr me paperwork back which allows me to take the vehicle to a registered inspection facility where they would inspect the car and verify it is what I said it is then they will affix a new vin number to the car and (if the vehicle passes inspection) i could then insure the car and drive it home.

If a registered owner had been found They would have sent me their name and address along with paperwork which I would then have to fill out and send via courier to there address and if they didnt sign for the letter it would be sent back to me and I could then apply to have it registered in my name. If the person does sign for it and say "hey! thats mine" then they pretty well come get their car from what I understand... i'm about to go through the same process with a motorcycle I just purchased, its a PITA
06-19-2006 09:17 AM
cliff tate
rege in bc.

Originally Posted by modelawoody
Sidn, pardon my ignorance, but who exactly is MAZ? I'm prepared to have a safety done.
first you need proof of purchase and tax paid on the parts. then you need a safety inspection, and that must be performed by a certified shop at there place of business.if you had a serial no on the model a fire wall that would be the way to go.there is a web site that will help you at icbc .your only chance of regy is a modified collector or a modified version of the frame but you need a serial no for that. also call nigel mathyew at icbc collector dept in north Vancouver. good luck
06-19-2006 08:47 AM
problem solvers yes try the DMV, here in texas there is a bonded title that cost 100 dollars plus about 14 for filing. you have to stamp some frame numbers and show a pencil scratching of the numbers. use your initials or something you can relate to in the vin. After 3 rears of no contest, you get a new title with no hold, so see what your local codes call for.
06-19-2006 08:12 AM

Hi modelawoody!

I found the ad for MAZ - call Mark @ (604) 937-7128 or (604) 328-9365

Good luck
06-15-2006 08:32 PM
aspenelm Can't help with the registration question. But do you have any photos of your rod? Sounds very cool, I am planning something similar.
06-15-2006 03:14 PM
How can I get registration for my hot rod?

Sidn, pardon my ignorance, but who exactly is MAZ? I'm prepared to have a safety done.
06-13-2006 07:23 AM

As you are in BC, have you tried contacting MAZ - he specializes in vehicle titles. He may be able to help.

Unfortunately, I do not have his number, but I see him at almost all the local swap meets. If I dig up his number, I'll get back to you.

One thing I can guarantee, before you get plates, your vehicle will have to go through a safety certification.

Good luck!
06-11-2006 12:19 AM
tbirdscott Have you tried going down to the DMV and asking?
06-10-2006 06:48 PM
MCsommerreid Not sure about BC, but here in California scratch built cars tend to either get registered as kit cars, custom cars, or as the original steel Model A body. Aftermarket bodies have to be registered as kit cars/customs. I belive frames here frames have to be as close to the original as possible to be registered as the original car (Model A, vs kit car reproduction)
06-10-2006 04:07 PM
OneMoreTime Do a web search for the BC DMV and see just what they require..all those guys are a bit different in their requirements but at least plan to have proof of ownership for all the parts and pieces that went into your project..

06-10-2006 03:06 PM
How can I get Registration for my hot rod?

Hey everyone, I have built a Model A style hot rod from scratch off an '85 Toyota pick-up frame from the wrecking yard. I have no registration, no VIN number. I live in B.C., can anyone give me some ideas how to register my car so I can start driving it? What is the simplest way to go about it, register as homebuilt? '85 Toyota pick-up? Model A? Other? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.