Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Reply to Topic -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine> roller rockers for sbc 350
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

Thread: roller rockers for sbc 350 Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
12-05-2006 11:24 PM
7chevelle1 you will probably have to pull heads 0ff and take to machine shop , have studs pulled and top of stud shoulders cut , because roller rocker set lower,if you don"t you probably won"t be able to correct adjust valves. And all of this depends on what type of heads you have. I didn"t catch what kind of head is on your engine. you probably need the screw in studs with guide plate also
12-05-2006 08:45 PM
Blazin72 There shouldn't be a problem but if you decide to get them make sure you check for interference between the corner of the rocker and the head bolt/stud. I have head studs and had an issue with this.
12-05-2006 08:45 PM
67 Deuce 4 Me I would use comp cams magnum roller tip rocker arms. I think full roller would be over kill for your combo. IMHO
12-05-2006 08:42 PM
curtis73 Most of them are a bolt-on. Just put them on, adjust, and run.

Many people insist on using longer studs for the locking nuts, but it depends on many things. I've never had a problem using them on stock studs but it could be a coincidence that I had the right brand of lock nuts or something.

You may also need tall valve covers or a spacer, but many small blocks are just fine with stock covers. There again it probably depends on who's locking nuts you're using.

Centerbolt valve covers require a special narrow-body rocker.
12-05-2006 08:30 PM
roller rockers for sbc 350

I have a 350 engine (bored .030) with a crane energizer cam .454/.454 272/272 hydraulic flat tappet, edelbrock intake (performer rpm) and Holley 670 street avenger carb. I have stock heads with stock rocker arms. If I want to put full roller rockers on, just what exactly will I have to do. Will I have to take my heads to the machine shop or is there anything else I can do.

Any input is greatly appreciated

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.