Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Reply to Topic -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools> Another,What is it?
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

Thread: Another,What is it? Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
12-19-2006 09:23 AM
redlightning THX 138, Thanks for the information.
12-18-2006 07:12 PM
Stroker56 I could have sworn thats what the dentist uses to drill my teeth !
12-18-2006 05:55 PM
THX_138 .

I did some research....

It's a "Mica Undercutter" designed specifically to undercut the mica insulation slots of a commutator of an electric motor.

When you open an electric motor or starter .... the area where the "brushes" ride on... it goes around the shaft and has grooves about an 1/8" or so deep all the way around it.... this tool cut those grooves. Commonly used for regrooving the armatures when rebuilding electric motors.
12-18-2006 11:39 AM
redlightning On the tag is ,Hullhosrt Tools Model 62-s SPN 70979.
Here is a quick video.
12-17-2006 08:33 PM
schnitz My wife has a cousin who also worked in that industry for a few years. I'll be seeing him in 6 days, and will have him aid in it if we can't figure it out by then.

Can you also try taking a pic from a bit further away. It may help with the fuzziness.

In a while, Chet.
12-17-2006 08:17 PM
THX_138 My mom worked in that industry for years and Iv'e seen very similar tools in my past. Either for cutting several layers of cloth at a time... or thick leather.

What kind of info is on the ID tag?
12-17-2006 07:56 PM
redlightning THX ,I need to get a better camera.In the second picture,it shows the chrome shaft.It spins and has a small blade on it ,like a tiny saw blade.It looks like the other piece is a guide of some kind.You might be right with thinking of upholstery.He did have an upholstery sewing machine.
12-17-2006 07:13 PM
THX_138 Why do you say you KNOW it's to cut something?

If it has a cutting area or device can you post a better close up please.

Pretty ambiguous looking thing.... is it for cutting bulk cloth or leather for upholstery?
12-17-2006 12:55 PM
Another,What is it?

I have something else from my Dad,s garage.I know it is to cut something but what?

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.