Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Reply to Topic -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend> Trans adapter plate
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

Thread: Trans adapter plate Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
03-30-2007 08:06 AM
joe_padavano If your luck is anything like mine, you'll end up spending way more trying to adapt the wrong part than the cost of getting the correct part in the first place. If anything, trade or sell the 90 deg trans and buy a correct 60 deg trans used.
03-30-2007 06:48 AM
Ohio-Dan "Why not just use the 700-R4 out of an early V6 S-10? It bolts right up."

I guess I could explain a little better.....I have a 4L60E now(94' S-10), that has a 3rd gear that's Slip Sliding Away. This is in my beater/work truck, and I'm in fear of it leaving me walking here in the not to distant future.

I don't have the tools, or knowledge for that matter, to rebuild the trans.

The truck isn't worth the price of having a shop do the trans. No rust, but plenty of "Drunk Bumps" to make it a really solid vehicle with a resale value of scrap.....

So far I haven't been able to come up with a cheap used one in my local area so I don't wrack up shipping costs.

I do, however......have a 96' Vortec motor & trans laying in the floor. Swapped for a used SBC flywheel...

The motor is slated for use in the Hot Rod, but the trans is a leftover spare part.

If I could find an adapter plate.........Dan
03-29-2007 07:23 AM

Try transdapt, they had the one I needed. That was for GM, but it might still be a good place to start.
03-28-2007 07:12 PM
joe_padavano Why not just use the 700-R4 out of an early V6 S-10? It bolts right up.
03-28-2007 07:00 PM
Ohio-Dan Any Ideas of who, or where to start looking? Internet searches have proved fruitless. If I had a company name or something to go on........Dan
03-28-2007 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by Ohio-Dan
Does anybody know if an adapter exists to mate a 60* V6 Chevy motor to a 90* V6/V8 Chevy trans? Thanks, Dan
Yes, at one time there was such an adapter.

I do not know if it is still manufactured.
03-28-2007 02:51 PM
Trans adapter plate

Does anybody know if an adapter exists to mate a 60* V6 Chevy motor to a 90* V6/V8 Chevy trans? Thanks, Dan

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.