Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Reply to Topic -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior> Is there a Spray gun with a long wand, for rustproofing inside frames etc.
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

Thread: Is there a Spray gun with a long wand, for rustproofing inside frames etc. Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
06-15-2007 12:29 PM
Ripped I tried a local tool supplier. I bought an undercoating gun with a short straight tube end. I am going to hit the home depot, and see if I can get some semi ridged plastic pipe, like for connecting sinks etc. I figure I can heat up a pin or similar with a torch and use it to burn small holes in the sides of the tubing. I I dead end the pipe, I am hoping it will spray to the sides.
06-15-2007 11:44 AM
sevt_chevelle 3M and wurth make a gun that comes with a 4-5ft long flex wand that sprays in 180 and 360 degrees. You can get different cans of paint like rust fighter I, undercoating etc. Can get empty cans and put in your own paint like epoxy.

Sata at one time made a flex wand gun but dont know if they still make one, am sure its high dollar. The 3M gun can be had for around 60 bucks...Eric
06-15-2007 11:15 AM
OneMoreTime How about an airless gun with a long tip? we have those for hard to reach places. or perhaps a fellow could rig a long tip on one of the siphon feed guns we use for applying wash material..

Just an idea or two..

06-15-2007 09:45 AM
35WINDOW Maybe somebody beat me, but how about this?
06-15-2007 09:42 AM
richard stewart 3rd Hi,
You can use a bug/garden sprayer.
Take care,
06-15-2007 08:48 AM
Is there a Spray gun with a long wand, for rustproofing inside frames etc.

I want to spray zero rust (thinned to mfg specs) inside frame components. Does anyone had some suggestions, ideas or thoughts on this?

The alternative is temporarily making each area sealed, and then filling it with zero rust. This would take 2 - 3 gallons at least (for example inside the rocker panels)

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.