Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Reply to Topic -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior> Gas/Fuel Door
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

Thread: Gas/Fuel Door Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
07-15-2007 07:42 AM
57halfton Yeah , I thought about narowing the sides of one also , but I think I have a line on one that will work. One for a Dodge Durango is supposed to be five and a half inches in diameter, got to find one to see what it looks like.
07-14-2007 03:25 PM
techron if you cant find one quite narrow enough why not take a beit sander and flatten the sides of it ( like the one above ) a little until it just fits between the rails
07-14-2007 01:10 PM
57halfton That looks great larry , the whole bed looks great. Mine looks almost like that except the bed strips have the polished carriage bolts exposed.
My gas tank filler and cap is centered in the wider bed board just to the left of the center bed strip. If I can find a cover like that and not more than 5 and a 1/2 inches in diameter it would be prefect.
Thanks , Gene
07-14-2007 12:59 PM
lbell101 This is one I picked up at Advance Auto, just on the shelf with all the other ricer stuff. You push it and it pops up. The trucks gone now so I'm not sure if it would fit between the strips. You'll have to offset the filler from center to do that.

07-14-2007 12:02 PM
Chevrolet4x4s the motorcycle filler might be a better idea(not sure on the size but probabally small enough) or put your fillerneck below the board (door popper and piano hinges maybe).
07-14-2007 09:31 AM
57halfton Thanks , Shane I looked at e-bay and saw those , I also have a 66 Corvette and the gas door on it was one of the first ones I looked at , Its to big and is not for a flat surface.
07-12-2007 05:34 PM

Maybe some of these would work
07-12-2007 04:39 PM
Gas/Fuel Door

On my 57 Chevy pickup I recently moved the gas tank to the rear under the bed and the filler is between the stainless strips below the surface of the wood. What i'm looking for is some kind of door that I can attach to the wood to cover the gas cap , it can only be 5 1/2 inches in diameter or width max. to fit between the bed strips.
Anyone got any ideas ?????????????

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.