Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Reply to Topic -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> General Rodding Tech> column to floor shifter
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

Thread: column to floor shifter Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
07-27-2007 08:24 AM
Stroker56 I have a B&M Unimatic in my 56 Chev ,paid $109.00 for it.(cheapo)

It has a neutral safety and sort of a lock out for reverse ,you need to push down to get it in . For the price it works fine for me .

11-24-2003 04:56 PM
poncho62 I have had a couple of guys have me remove the aftermarket shifters and re-install the stock shifters, just because of difficulty driving them. They are great for strip only cars, but, in my opinion, thats it.
11-24-2003 04:07 PM
I HATE my ratchet shifter!!

I really do, an you can find other things to spend your money on besides a high dollar shifter. Go with a reverse lockout regular shifter. I HATE my ratchet shifter!!!


Rat Rods Rule!
11-23-2003 04:13 PM
poncho62 If you want my opinion and this is a street car, with the odd trip down the track, I would just go to the wreckers ( recyclers) and get a console and factory shifter from a floor shift model Chevelle. Unless you have a big HP race motor, you don't need that stuff. You probably have better things to spend a couple of hundred of bucks on. Just my opinion!!!
11-23-2003 04:05 PM
astroracer b&m unimatic or hurst indy matic1...
The first thing I'll tell you is to stay away from those cheapo shifter's... They usually don't have a reverse or neutral lock out and are generally a pain in the ***** to get working right.
Go to Summit or Jegs and look at B&M's megashifter...
It's a good piece and has all of the safety features in it along with your ratchet action .
11-23-2003 05:11 AM
column to floor shifter

hello fellas, i got a 76 gmc sprint sp (el camino ss) with a column shift th350C. i want to convert it to a floor shifter, and was wondering about different types of shifters. first off what exactly is a ratchet shifter and how does it work? can you still shift into low from drive while going down the road with a b&m unimatic or hurst indy matic1? whats some good street/stip shifters you all have used? sorry so many questions, and thanks for any help.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.