The next step... - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2004, 06:35 PM
Be the MIRACLE!

Last journal entry: Running boards (part DUEX)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

The next step...

Well work has slowed up on the 38 and so have I. Probably not enough sleep. I always tell myself I'll sleep when I'm dead. Been singing alot in the quartet and also going to 2 nights a week working on making the CD. I get home around 11:30 and make it to bed by 12. and then up again at 4:45 for another 9 hour day. I use to be able to do that all time with no problem. Anyways... that's not the point. I'm a little too tired to work on her tonight even though it's a good night to do it. The point is I have the radiator place working on a price for a custom made radiator but I forgot to call them back on the price tonight. I hope it's not too bad. They don't have one to fit my application and I want it big enough to cool the engine without boil overs. I'll try to remember to call them tomarrow. Now the biggie, I HAVE THE PRIMER AND CATALYST! Now I just have to fine enough time to spray it on. I'd prefer a sat. when I have the whole day to work on it in case I mess it up. I still have to sand it again with some fine paper cause it starts to rust before I get it all sanded off. Was working on the trunk lid (o.k. boot for you aussies) last week and it rusted as I sweated on it. The trunk lid is not any where near perfect but it's the best I can do. I sticks out at the bottom. The sides aren't too bad. The old 38 may be flawed but I'm not perfect either. Just near perfect. LOL! I still have the door jambs to strip (I'm dreading it) cause it's too many little spots to get into. I may go ahead and shoot the car and do the jambs later just to keep it from turning orange. I also started painting some of the interior parts to keep it form rusting from the inside out. Primer black. Looks nasty! (No reflection on the rat rodders) It just makes the interior look like it was burnt out. I know it won't be seen once the interior in. The parts you'll see I'll paint to match the exterior. Just had to fill you in on the latest. Will send pics if I get some primer on her. I know you'll all be anxious to see. Heck I'll even be anxioius to see it.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2004, 06:46 PM

Last photo:

Get some rest, it'll be there in the morning. Just don't slack too much or the wifey will give you an new and improved honeydo list.

Larry
Old 07-19-2004, 07:14 PM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:

Hey 38...Where / how did you get the car stripped? Looks good.

Kevin
Old 07-19-2004, 08:10 PM

Last journal entry: 52 truck
Last photo:

Your doing good 38.
Dont sweat it, but make it enjoyable and just imagine the finished product. HG

[url]http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/journal.php?action=view&journalid=2415[/url]

Hemmies rat journal below.

[url]http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/journal.php?s=f6d0e9c7fec644bb0a70761c0431939b&journalid=84231&action=view[/url]
Old 07-20-2004, 04:29 PM
Be the MIRACLE!

Last photo:

I used a chemical stripper and did it by hand, and sanded every spot after stripping. Whew! What a job. It's one of those more time than money things. (I missed a few tiny hard to get to spots, but don't tell anyone.)
Old 07-20-2004, 07:43 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

your secret's safe.

take your time, it's not like it's going somewhere without you.

did you call the radiator shop yet?

seen any nice bumpers lately?
Old 07-21-2004, 03:28 PM
Be the MIRACLE!

Last photo:

Yeah, Larry. I got the quote. $425 for the custom built radiator. I was hoping for a hundred less than that. I haven't given them the O.K. I don't have that much.
The answer to the bumper question is... NO. Everytine 3B gets close to my car she covers them up. Sigh! I do appreciate a good bumper though.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.