"the next step" 440 performance build.
I have a 68 valiant that I built as a street/strip car about 4 years ago. We used a 68 newyorker as a doner car for the 440 and TF727. Im putting a plan together to take it to the next level and would like some opinions.
- 68 440 block
- completely stock shortblock with factory flattop pistons and 906 heads. (rebuilt with new bearings, rings, etc.)
- XE274H cam
- Edelbrock performer intake manifold
- Holley 850 mechancial secondaries
- custom "deep sump" oil pan
- hooker supercomp fenderwell headers
- Mopar electronic distributer
- MSD 6AL-2
- rebuild TF727
- Cheetah manual reverse pattern valvebody
- 3500 stall TCS torque converter
- B&M pro-ratchet shifter
- B&M trans cooler
- Chrysler 8 3/4 housing
- 4.10 gears
- Moser axles
- custom 3 leaf rear springs
- Competition Engineering slide-a-link
- Competion Engineering adjustable rear shocks set at 50/50
- 6cyl torsion bars
- Lakewood 90/10 front shocks
Wheels & tires:
Front: BFGoodrich radial T/A 155/80/15 on 15x4 Weld Prostars
Rear: MickeyThompson ET street 11.5x28 on 15x8 Weld Prostars
Current 1/4mile performance:
12.19 @ 106
race weight :3360lbs
OK, now that you know the car, Im looking at making some changes to the engine and would like your input.
I bought a set of ported 906 heads that have been fitted with 2.14/1.73 valves and have extensive bowl and runner work. I am thinkng of running these heads with a Comp XE294H cam, Mopar M1 Intake manifold and a Holley 950hp carb.
I want to make more power in a higher RPM, and I think this combo will do it.
I would like to keep the short block stock except for a set of ARP rod bolts and run on Chevron 94.
Give me your input with any combo using those heads and rotating assembly.
|Recent Engine posts with photos|
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|this is a saver.... GM build codes||TooMany2count||General Rodding Tech||24||11-23-2009 10:36 AM|
|Horsepower & Performance Formulas/Calculators||edge||General Rodding Tech||7||08-13-2005 07:01 AM|
|Buick 455 Build Up||79 Malibu327||Engine||4||05-18-2004 06:31 AM|
|440 build up||mitmaks||Engine||7||12-08-2003 11:24 PM|
|HELP! 440 build||HotRodDodge||Engine||1||10-13-2002 09:10 AM|