NHRA Drag Races @ Seattle - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2004, 12:51 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

NHRA Drag Races @ Seattle

My wife and I went to the NHRA nationals at Pacific Raceway this weekend and I had mixed feelings about the race. First: The wife had never seen drag racing live (we went two years ago but it was rained out) No rain this time! it was in the mid to high 90's all weekend. We're not used to that up here so it was tough but we hung in fri/sat/sun. The track has been resurfaced and it was great, the cars were fast and loud, It was awesome. So what am I complaining about you say?? NO nite racing what so ever!! it seems the county passed an ordnance against any cars running after 7:30 fri/sat and 5:30 sun. This really su*ks!!! All my wife heard from me coming up to race day was "nitro burners at nite are awesome" over and over, had her all pumped up to see them and it never happened.. What a bummer. Then the track kicks everyone totally off facility every night. No over nite camping unless you have a motorhome and shell out $$$. We're 100 miles from home so with big bunch of others we go find some place to park overnite. I already knew about the $3 hot dogs, $3 pops and $5.50 cups of beer so we came with our own. But I'll have to think twice before I shell out $300.00 for tickets again.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2004, 09:00 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

I'm going to Las Vegas in October for NHRA. Free room at the Boulder Station, compliments of friends of mine, got it comped, tickets from Greg Anderson if not too many of his relatives show up, get to hang out with the Andersons, nice people, I'm jazzed. Watched the Seattle races yesterday on espn, good racing. Dan
Old 07-26-2004, 10:25 AM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

NW NATS

yeah, i blew it off too after two years ago when the map on the back of the discount tickets carquest handed out had the track location 30 miles away from where it really was.

*****ed to the NHRA they said they would mail me tickets for last years race for free. for some reason i thought they said they would send them to the will call window. they didnt!!! anyway, at about $45 a ticket i passed cause i always have to pay for my wife so it gets spendy, but MAINLY! because when i tried to go lthat time and got lost i got there at ten am and it was so packed that i couldnt get in, IT WAS FULL!!! ON SAT!! AND again, just like you said, no night races. bogus! i wanted to go on a sat because of another beeotch, the race pace on final sunday was so frikken SLOW!! there was way too much time between rounds. boring. maybe things got better, it has been sold since i went there three years ago.. best thing i saw was the wheelie king fall off his bike trying to wheelie sitting on his handlebars. ooouuuch!
Old 07-26-2004, 10:44 AM

Last photo:

Saw it on TV last night. I liked the one where John Force kept the pedal down and pretty much fishtailed all the way down for the win. That dude is CRAZY!!!!! I think he has a speech impediment too. Either that, or he can't really complete a thought before his mouth starts to let it out.

Sounds like a timing problem to me

MoocH
Old 07-26-2004, 12:19 PM

Last photo:

This was the first race with the new 85% nitro rule and it really helped. There were NO major oil downs in top fuel and only a few track sweeps all weekend so there wasn't much downtime. The new track surface was great and even with the 85% rule and the heat they still got into the 320's and the 4's!! What I just don't understand is that the track is way out in the country, nothing within 5mi that I could see and the county still refuses to let them run at nite. NO sat nite show. NO Nitro, No Jets, No wheel standers, NO FUN!!
Old 07-26-2004, 03:49 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

NO FUN SUCKS.

the little track we go to has a little church raising cain about noise on sunday's. seems the alcohol and nitro cars drown out the sermon.....

the track we frequented in my youth shut down at 7pm......

please don't let this turn into a political thread.

john force is a hoot. have ya'll seen this?
Old 07-26-2004, 09:13 PM

Englishtown in new jersey is under the noise attack.
Why do people buid houses next to a ractrack then complain about the noise.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:01 PM

Last photo:

Mama always said, "Stupid is as stupid does"

Larry
Old 07-26-2004, 10:45 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Force is almost worth the price of admission. His run yesterday was almost as cool as his interview after the race.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.