Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Nitrogen to spray with?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 08:29 AM

Last journal entry: More painting pics
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Most of the theories I see regarding Ni in tires focuses on the 'fact' that Oxygen leaks out of the tire faster than Ni. If you take a minute to think about this you can see how ridiculous this hypothesis is.

Lets say I fill my tire to 50 psi with regular air. If we round up figures and ignore trace gases to make calculation easier then the tire has 80% Ni and 20% Ox. Now if we are to believe the Ni companies the Ox. will leak first as it is a smaller molecule. When the pressure goes down to 40psi we can assume all the Ox. has leaked out and the tire now contains 100% Ni. We fill up again to the required 50psi and out of the replacement compressed air only 20% is Ox. Now out of the whole volume of the tire there is only 4% Ox and 96% Ni. It is only going to take one more fill up to put the level of Ox. below 1%. That is better than filling it up with pure Ni as that is only 99% pure!

Hey I have just realised I have my very own Ni generator (4 of them in fact)!! Better than paying more than $5000 for one.
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...1919_200331919