Nitromethane Mixed With 100ll Gas - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2004, 08:18 PM
Punish all forms of asholes

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Exclamation Nitromethane Mixed With 100ll Gas

I would like to run a nitomethane ane aviation gas mix. How much Nitromethane in cc's should I mix to a gallon of ave gas.

My motor Is set up with all the stricks.

383 small block
big block Whipple charger pushing 12Psi
8.5:1 ratio undere boost 16psi
Roller cam 110slp, 246in/256ex
roller rockers 1.6in/1.5 ex
All forged parts
dished pistons -5cc with gapless rings
Iron heads 200in/ 72cc
O-ringed and studed block
You get the picture

What ratio of Nitromethane with ave gas do you recomand? I have herd of alot of people blowing up motors before getting the ratio right, any ideas? How much nitro to mix to a gallon of gas I'll can do the rest.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2004, 08:31 PM

Last photo:

confused:

Last edited by Tim240Z; 05-20-2004 at 09:23 PM.
Old 05-20-2004, 08:48 PM

I've heard of doing this and it is not something I would personally try. Why not run nitrous oxide instead? I heard that aluminum rods are a good idea when running a nitro blend because the aluminum is softer than iron and helps cushion the bottom end from the violence of the nitro.??
Old 05-20-2004, 08:52 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Whats a big block Whipple charger????
Old 05-20-2004, 08:56 PM

Last photo:

I have for 4 blot main with forged steal H beam and alum. pistons and a cast crank .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............I'm just kidding about the crank. ha ha ha
I found on the web that you can run 10% with a 14: 1 ratio and the ratio goes down as you increase the nitro.
I think Noz is for imports, if i'm going to destroy my motor I'm going to do it right Thanks for the advice, Geno
Old 05-20-2004, 09:00 PM

Last photo:

TROLL TROLL TROLL TROLL TROLL TROLL TROLL TROLL TROLL TROLL TROLL TROLL TROLL TROLL TROLL TROLL TROLL TROLL

383, 72cc heads, -5cc valve reliefs(dished?) = 9.7-1 @0.020 below deck and 10.1-1 @ zero deck height.

Big block whipple charger? Is it 12 or 16 psi.

Learn to spell, learn more about engines then try redeeming yourself with an honest question. You won't get anything but wisea$$ replies like this when you ask asinine questions and post fake or completely incompatible parts lists and dubious specifications.

Now if you really want to know, don't attempt it. It has been tried with disastrous results by people much more knowledgable than me. Lots of money wasted on fuel with very little in return other than broken parts. Unless it's under very controlled circumstances.

Nitromethane works wonders in extremely high boost/high temp combustion events. The two are interrelated, more boost=more heat. When elevated temps are seen the effects of increased boost are nullified by the power required to spin the blower, to make more boost. That's where nitro comes into play. When it changes from liquid to gas the temperature drop is incredible. The cooled intake charge becomes denser and effectively crams more into the same space. That's why regular cars are slightly quicker when the ambient temperature is lower. Cold air is denser, meaning that there is more air occupying the same space.

The trouble is when we try this on an engine built with off the shelf parts we end up with broken off the shelf parts. The cylinder pressures are way too high for anything but premium parts designed specifically for nitro use. Like Top Fuel cars. More often than not, some clown will get his hands on some nitro, pour it into the tank and boom goes the engine. It has very little to do with the fuel mixture, the introduction of oxygen into the fuel supply requires more fuel be ingested in order to maintain a proper air/fuel mixture. This isn't the case with said clown and he melts a few pistons in the process.

The safest route is straight methanol with nitrous injection. You still need the premium quality bottom end parts though.

Larry
Old 05-20-2004, 09:03 PM

Last photo:

Whipple charger

A Whipple charger is a supercharger imported fom Swiss by Art Whipple( owner) nice guy! It ues screw type compressor. BAD TO THE BONE , I have cramed so much air in my motor I BLEW IT UP ONCE ALREADY, it feels like i'm running NITRO
If your intrested WWW.whipplesupercharger.com i paid over 5,500.,but it;s worth every bit.
I'm running a big block compressor on a 383. Thanks Geno
Old 05-20-2004, 09:06 PM

Last photo:

Oh and one more thing, don't use aviation gas. It's full of antifreeze and none of your induction parts are designed to function over extended periods with the antifreeze and other additives that are foreign to automotive use.

Larry
Old 05-20-2004, 09:13 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Re: Whipple charger

Quote:
Originally posted by genochevy1
A Whipple charger is a supercharger imported fom Swiss by Art Whipple( owner) nice guy! It ues screw type compressor. BAD TO THE BONE , I have cramed so much air in my motor I BLEW IT UP ONCE ALREADY, it feels like i'm running NITRO
If your intrested WWW.whipplesupercharger.com i paid over 5,500.,but it;s worth every bit.
I'm running a big block compressor on a 383. Thanks Geno
I know what a Whipple charger is.....didn't know they had a special one for big blocks...Did you have to use the big block heads on your small block?
Old 05-20-2004, 09:20 PM

Last photo:

Talking Spelling genius

Hey LITTLE TROLL
Why don't you go spell check someone else, I don't know everything unlike you GENIUS. I know what I have done in the past, and they make many different types of ave gas. I work at an airport. I have read your e-mails from other people in the past, Two words for you, GROW UP.

You need to think before you hate.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:26 PM

Last photo:

Re: Re: Whipple charger

Quote:
Originally posted by poncho62
Did you have to use the big block heads on your small block?

Larry

I ain't hatin'. I'm laughing. I gave you a serious reply that was a little more informative than I think you deserved. If you don't care to read then it's open season.

I'm a troll la la la , I'm a troll , I'm troll, boo boop be doop.

Larry

Last edited by coldknock; 05-20-2004 at 09:26 PM.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by coldknock
Oh and one more thing, don't use aviation gas. It's full of antifreeze and none of your induction parts are designed to function over extended periods with the antifreeze and other additives that are foreign to automotive use.

Larry
Take it from a licensed aircraft mechanic Av- gas has no antifreeze in it. I does does have a real low vapor pressure to keep it from vapor locking at high altitude which can slightly effect how much power you'll make with it. This also makes it a b**** to start in the winter.
Many times I've been sent to find out what went wrong when an engine stopped running in flight. Most common problem, gas froze up in the filter at altitude because someone didn't sump the tanks before flight.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:29 PM

Last photo:

Talking reply

I went to Fresno and had Art machine a small block manifold to adapt the big block compressor. I have a 7inch lower pulley with a 4inch upper it's pushing around 12psi with a 383. The pulleys that Whipple offers is in increments of 1/8inch. I put a 41/8 and jumped up 3 psi, be careful.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:38 PM

Re: Nitromethane Mixed With 100ll Gas

Quote:
Originally posted by genochevy1

What ratio of Nitromethane with ave gas do you recomand? I have herd of alot of people blowing up motors before getting the ratio right, any ideas? How much nitro to mix to a gallon of gas I'll can do the rest.
0% nitromethane, If you feel that you must mix something in your gas get a nitropropane additive. Nitromethane doesn't stay mix very well in gas. That's why you get so many different answers to how much to add and why so many people blow up a motor when they play with it. You never know when it might separate and send a load of straight nitromethane to the carb.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:48 PM

Last photo:

Come on you guys this nut is a troll, no doubt about it. Doesn't have a clue of what he is talking about. If you want to have fun answering his question then go for it but, like Larry already said he is a TROLL.
I must say he is amusing though. If he uses the same math that he used to figure out his compression to mix his nitro it should be a nice show, just do it at night so we can see all the pretty colors.

Royce

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.