nitrous and fuel help I HAVE 3 DAYS TO GET DONE GUYS - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2013, 11:03 AM
Southern customs

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchman View Post
Here's a poke in the eye..... but just one last question. - Really?

This is pathetic.
Look dude originally I asked this last question to prove a point and show yall that i have researched without any luck cause I figured if i got any replies at all i would get several different answers just like when I Google it. But actually someone is replying with helpfull info. Probably the most help ive ever got from this site. Im not goin to go into any detail or give a sob story and ain't looking for any pity im just gonna say this....you shouldnt judge people untill you have walked a mile in there shoes. If u had half a clue the kind of life ive had or what I came from or new what kind of person I am u would not call me pathetic or maybe if u knew that im in such a rush and behind schedule because I had to take so much time off while I was n iraq fighting for your freedom Or that this race is on my sons mothers birthday and he told me he thought me winning would be the best present for her since iys the first time ive raced since she had to go away andwe cant send her a gift to heaven. I think thats enough no need for me to tell you anything else thats screwed up with my life. Just know that not everyone catches a break in life and I think a grown man that has nothing better to do than spend time hiding behind a computer replying to stuff for no reason other than to put someone down and saying stuff he would never say in person is a little pathetic myself. People like you make me sick. To the few of you that helped me out thanks so much it means alot.and to the rest of you ill pray for each and every one of you cause people like yall need it. Have a great day

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2013, 09:17 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbc423 View Post
Thanks man also I guess I should add some info about this system its a nos cheater plate kit I plan to use 180 shot for now. Its on a carburated 423 small block. I keep hearing from people how easy this can turn into a disaster which is wat im not understanding. I thought it was either its right or its wrong. Use the right jets right pressure and right timing and everything was fine but apparently im wrong. I know alot of you guys frown on nitrous and frown on younger guys like me that throw it on there not knowing wat they are doin as a quick fix to go fast. But you just have to understand the different circumstances im in and why I have no choice buy to use it for now. So please dont judge me based on wanting to use it just understand im in a bind right now and need some help.
lol...yeah, it seems easy on paper but it just ain't that easy.

Good luck

Old 07-18-2013, 10:01 AM
Grand Master of the Universe

Last photo:

Quote:
Look dude originally I asked this last question to prove a point and show yall that i have researched without any luck cause I figured if i got any replies at all i would get several different answers just like when I Google it. But actually someone is replying with helpfull info. Probably the most help ive ever got from this site. Im not goin to go into any detail or give a sob story and ain't looking for any pity im just gonna say this....you shouldnt judge people untill you have walked a mile in there shoes. If u had half a clue the kind of life ive had or what I came from or new what kind of person I am u would not call me pathetic or maybe if u knew that im in such a rush and behind schedule because I had to take so much time off while I was n iraq fighting for your freedom Or that this race is on my sons mothers birthday and he told me he thought me winning would be the best present for her since iys the first time ive raced since she had to go away andwe cant send her a gift to heaven. I think thats enough no need for me to tell you anything else thats screwed up with my life. Just know that not everyone catches a break in life and I think a grown man that has nothing better to do than spend time hiding behind a computer replying to stuff for no reason other than to put someone down and saying stuff he would never say in person is a little pathetic myself. People like you make me sick. To the few of you that helped me out thanks so much it means alot.and to the rest of you ill pray for each and every one of you cause people like yall need it. Have a great day

My first post to you gave you 2 "How to do it" links, each outlining exactly what you needed to know to get the basics (you understand the need to re-gap your spark plugs, right? If not, read it again). I also suggested that you contact the manufacturer of the system. Many of us told you to be careful so you didn't go out half-built or poorly tuned and blow up your motor. If you found any of this unsatisfactory, go somewhere else for help.

We don't need to hear your story or your lack of a break in life, just go out in the garage and get some work done.

As I've said before... good luck.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:27 PM
More for Less Racer

You will find a lot of good info at www.yellowbullet.com forums, in their nitrous forum. Lots of nitrous savvy guys there, and several pro's who do it for a living monitor the forum.

A seperate cell, pump, and line for the nitrous set is the best way to go, to eliminate any chance of having a pressure/volume problem due to a shared system, as nitrous fuel pressure and carb fuel pressure are rarely set the same,

Best to set nitrous fuel pressure with the fuel flowing through the regulator AND the fuel jet (for the HP set-up you are running) into a catch jug. You want an accurate setting of flowing pressure at the regulator...not static(deadheaded) pressure.

You will need spark plugs one or two heat ranges colder than what you typically run naturally aspirated, and gapped tighter also(around .020-.030" total gap).

It can be done with one big pump(like 300gph or better), but you total HP level(675, +180) indicates you better have it on a 5/8" line or it could have a volume problem, 1/2" line won't be big enough.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:46 AM

Last photo:

What happened with the NOS install?

Old 09-17-2013, 09:59 AM

nitrous plumbing

I know that most of u will think this is a dumb *** question. But ive never used electric pumps or regulators before now so it's really all new to me. Here is my question. I have a fuel cell that does not have a bottom outlet.its at the top so I have to drill a hole and put a bulk head fitting in( or could I use the fitting that's on top?) Then I have a magna fuel 300 pump which has a bypass and of course will be using 2 2 port regulators. ( I think quickfuel most likely) and it is feeding a double pump holley. Im needing help on exactly how to plumb it and does mounting location matter on the pump? And what about filters how many and where do I need to put them? And on the regulators do I need to stick a guage straight on the other port? I know this is all basic atuff but ive always used mechanical pumps and never nitrous so if one of you could use this parts list and give me a step by step on the correct way to get from the fuel cell to the carb and solenoid and everything in between I would really appreciate it because cant find ANY plumbing diagrams on Google
Old 09-17-2013, 10:22 AM
hold my beer and watch this!

Last photo:

Quote:
I was not going to comment until I saw the "fighting for your freedom" comment. What freedom?? can't smoke. can't drink. can't rent a hooker. 75% of a new car cost is "safety" BS. Thanks for fighting for my "freedom" !! LOL
http://ericpetersautos.com

Last edited by johnnyg; 09-17-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:29 AM

Last photo:

this is some what of a dead post. Strokingsbc1 start your own in the forum section. you will get better answers .
Old 09-17-2013, 10:48 AM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokinsbc1 View Post
I know that most of u will think this is a dumb *** question. But ive never used electric pumps or regulators before now so it's really all new to me. Here is my question. I have a fuel cell that does not have a bottom outlet.its at the top so I have to drill a hole and put a bulk head fitting in( or could I use the fitting that's on top?) Then I have a magna fuel 300 pump which has a bypass and of course will be using 2 2 port regulators. ( I think quickfuel most likely) and it is feeding a double pump holley. Im needing help on exactly how to plumb it and does mounting location matter on the pump? And what about filters how many and where do I need to put them? And on the regulators do I need to stick a guage straight on the other port? I know this is all basic atuff but ive always used mechanical pumps and never nitrous so if one of you could use this parts list and give me a step by step on the correct way to get from the fuel cell to the carb and solenoid and everything in between I would really appreciate it because cant find ANY plumbing diagrams on Google
Check the outlets on your fuel cell. Even though they come out the top, one will usually have a tube extending into the bottom of the fuel cell for fuel pickup. They are normally marked as "fuel feed" or "vent, but if not you can usually view them from the filler. Use a flashlight to look into the filler and see which one has the pickup tube.
You should mount your fuel pump as close to the tank as possible, as electric pumps work better as pushers, than they do pulling fuel. Also be sure to put a good filter ahead of the pump; at least a 10 micron. And use a pressure regulator anytime you have an electric pump and carbs! Make sure you also have a fuel pressure gauge on the output side of the regulator to measure pressure at the carb feed. It should never be more than 6 lbs., and I usually go a bit lower at around 5 lbs. on mine. High pressure will cause fuel to leak past your float needles, and flood your engine.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:55 AM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg View Post
I was not going to comment until I saw the "fighting for your freedom" comment. What freedom?? can't smoke. can't drink. can't rent a hooker. 75% of a new car cost is "safety" BS. Thanks for fighting for my "freedom" !! LOL
Eric Peters Autos Cars, Bikes and Politics from a Libertarian perspective
Are those the only freedoms you recognize, or feel are important? I'd say you're probably the one who has a problem if these are your ideas of important freedoms.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:19 AM
hold my beer and watch this!

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971BB427 View Post
Are those the only freedoms you recognize, or feel are important? I'd say you're probably the one who has a problem if these are your ideas of important freedoms.
Not one bit important. I'm saying someone killing foreigners is not protecting my freedoms. I know people from Bagdad and they are not violating my freedom. I have a problem with people violating my freedom and telling me it is for my freedom. Like some costumed clown saying I need to give up my guns because some nut shot someone. My idea of an "important freedom" is YOUR freedom. But what do I know??
Old 09-17-2013, 11:30 AM

I posted this as a new thread but some how ended up replying to this crazy thread here lol sorry for the confusion guys im posting again on new topic you can reply to me there...I was reading this one and somehow didn't switch over

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.