Hot Rod Forum banner

Nitrous motor build questions

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  StraubTech 
#1 ·
New to the site. I am in the process of buying all the parts for my new nitrous motor. Looking for suggestions on everything I don't have and what kind of horse power could I get out of this?
Internals and block are not set an Stone yet but. I think I am going to go with a dart block and going to punch it out to a 540-598.
What I have so far... Holley Gen 3 dominator 1150
Brodix bb2 xtra Heads fully ported Harland sharp roller rockers AFR stud girdles
Msd crank trigger Msd low pro distributor Msd HVC 2 coil Msd digital 7 plus ignition controls
Moroso Vacume pump system
Magnafuel fuel pump and regulators
What I know I will buy Intake and direct port nitrous system just not sure exactly what combo probably going for a 400 shot Jesel belt drive waiting on block to buy And some other miscellaneous stuff. What do you guys think?! And as you can tell I'm in the Markit for everything I don't have!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I would advise that the single most important aspect of building a motor, in my opinion, is the engineering of a very tight squish/quench clearance between the crown of the piston and the underside of the cylinder head, and including the gasket thickness.
Recommend the following head gaskets for use with zero-decked block/stack...
Fel-Pro #1017-1 forMark IV type block (shown on Summit as 10171)
Fel-Pro #1047 for Mark V and VI type block

Will the motor ever be operated on pump gas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.