nitrous plumbing - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2013, 12:33 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

nitrous plumbing

I know that most of u will think this is a dumb *** question. But ive never used electric pumps or regulators before now so it's really all new to me. Here is my question. I have a fuel cell that does not have a bottom outlet.its at the top so I have to drill a hole and put a bulk head fitting in( or could I use the fitting that's on top?) Then I have a magna fuel 300 pump which has a bypass and of course will be using 2 2 port regulators. ( I think quickfuel most likely) and it is feeding a double pump holley. Im needing help on exactly how to plumb it and does mounting location matter on the pump? And what about filters how many and where do I need to put them? And on the regulators do I need to stick a guage straight on the other port? I know this is all basic atuff but ive always used mechanical pumps and never nitrous so if one of you could use this parts list and give me a step by step on the correct way to get from the fuel cell to the carb and solenoid and everything in between I would really appreciate it because cant find ANY plumbing diagrams on Google

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2013, 08:46 PM
Mekanicus Automotive Group

Last photo:

Pumps

One port on the top of your cell should be a vent with a rollover valve, if it has no rollover valve in the vent, it needs one. The other should have a line running to the bottom of the tank, usually rubber and angled to the front right. As long as you mount your pump slightly below the tank, it should feed just fine. However, we have been running an old AC Delco pump on our Bocar since we got it in '85, and it is mounted slightly above the tank. Also we run a holley red pump above the top of the cell in our '67 Trans Am series Camaro. I would mount your filters before the pump to keep any garbage out of it. One should do the trick, two for redundancy maybe. As for the regulators, I have never dealt with the ones you describe. Perhaps another member can answer that one. But by no means should you knock a hole in the cell, that is just begging for a leak. Holleys like no more than 7 psi fuel pressure, unless they have been modified for more, and the holley reds have an internal bypass thats set at 7.

Last edited by Speedshift_Sam; 09-17-2013 at 08:48 PM. Reason: More info.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:53 AM

I mounted the pump last night its level with the tank and only about a foot away from it. If im running both nitrous and the carb at 6 pounds is it necessary to have a regulator for both or will one handle the pressure drop when the spray comes in? Also all these different style regulators and bypass stuff I dont understand the difference. What kind do I need?
Old 09-18-2013, 04:39 PM

And yes it has a vent and an outlet but I need another port to run the return line back to. If I plumb as of this up and I set the regulator for the fuel solenoid to wat NOS recommends then everything should b correct but is there a way to test it as far as making sure its not lean other than just hitting the button and hoping for the best

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.