Hot Rod Forum banner

nitrous problem

851 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  1Gary 
#1 ·
hi i have 383 camaro built right all forged msd 850 holley with nos plate system 175 shot.I have msd activation switch turns nos on at 4000 rpm and off at 7000 rpm the problem im having is shooting flames out of pipe actually caught carpet on fire inside car.I thinks its worse at end of quarter mile the exhaust is a y pipe into single 3.5 inch pipe but has a dump before sigle pipe.Ouls this happen because of y pipe design?Im also wondering if my switch is faulty and nos isnt turning off.The fuel system is electyric holley black pump any advice greatly appreciated car is automatic if it matters thanks in advance

#7 ·
What did your plugs look like without N2O? Does your floor get that hot that it starts the carpet on fire? That would be turning the metal red to do that. How do you know there are flames? 175HP N2O is not a big bunch, so you should not be seeing anything different out the pipe - however you are seeing it. ??

#9 ·
A local friend of mine works at Delco and machined his own nitrous system for his 442 455.Outrageous fast car.He was pouring in more nitrous then anyone I know.He was tearing out the main saddles out of the block and twisting the cranks.Broke afew too.But he knows his Old's and was way in front of the tune.Never any flames.............Huge back bumper wheelstands.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.