Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - No brakes.
Thread: No brakes.
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 03:33 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Engine basic condition - how to check Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldguy829
Thanks for the help guys. IN response, Frisco, every thing is as you suggest.
No residual in the MC, blue 2# to the front. The brakes now grab and release as they are supposed to (once I changed the MC) About 1/8 inch of freeplay before the rod engages the MC. Pull it down by hand, from below and the pads engage quite quickly and hold strong enough I cant turn the rotor by hand, but inside the car, I can push the pedal all the way to the floor. Some resistance, but never a hard pedal. It's like the system has "give" in it somewhere. But it is a solid frame mounted MC. Yesterday I installed new calipers and pads. No change what so ever. [ Every line, hose, fitting is new. There are absolutely no leaks, and the system doesn't"pump up" like it has air in it. ]

T bucket, it's possible the new MC is bad, but early on (3 days ago) I plugged the ports. When I plugged the front, with the rears hooked up, the pedal was high and rock hard (telling me the front port was good?) When I plugged the back port with the fronts hooked up, the pedal went to the floor, telling me it was in the front system?

OH, and yes, I got a good stream of fluid when my wife pumped the brakes. But I also borrowed a power bleeder that pushes an unlimited stream thru the system.

This isn't my first rodeo, Ive even done the anal, like bleeding the junction block, bleeding the brake light switch, tilting the rotors back so the bleeders are nearly straight up. I'm positive there is no air in the system.

Even tho I bench bled the MC, I suspected it. So I start every bleed at the MC. It's my understanding a power bleeder will bleed the MC also?
Are you sure you put the front calipers on the correct sides. The bleeder mus be in the highest position. Because of the type of calipers I have on my t-bucket and the orientation. I actually have to remove them to bleed them.

Chet